Pennsylvania

Affordable Venues!

Hi Ladies, i am currently looking into wedding venues in the nepa area and its making me crazy. i dont want to spend more than around 60 per plate for 85 guests because we are paying for the wedding ourselves so i want to keep the budget down. Any ideas as to affordable venues? ideally i want a ceremony and reception at the same site, and shuttle service to a hotel or rooms attached would be nice because we have alot of out of town guests... tall order i know haha... help!

Re: Affordable Venues!

• NEPA is a widespread area. What particular region do you have in mind? Also, are you open to brunch/lunch options or strictly dinner?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• i am in the wilkes barre/scranton area but alot of guests will be coming from ny so im pretty flxible with location. and yes id want dinner
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_affordable-venues-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:0e4eebd3-d3ba-4b3f-a69c-982ceed9e013Post:0b6eb4eb-900b-4823-ba96-332874eafb03">Re:Affordable Venues!</a>:
    [QUOTE]NEPA is a widespread area. What particular region do you have in mind? Also, are you open to brunch/lunch options or strictly dinner?
    Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]
  • I did not price any venues in the  Scranton/WB area.  I stayed mostly around Stroudsburg/Mt. Pocono.  Over half my guests are traveling from NJ/NY, so I wanted to stay as close to the bridge as possible to accommodate them. 
    A very affordable venue I found was DWG country club.  They have a few packages around your price point.  TBH, every other venue I priced was significantly higher than the $60/pp budget you mentioned.  Have you checked out the Inne of the Abingtons or Woodloch Resort?  I have no idea of their prices but I heard they are both very affordable. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Have you heard of The Colonnade? Its on Jefferson st in Scranton. Its a beautifully restored old mansion. We're having our reception there in July and I cant rave enough about their food. They also have a sister building down the street. The Posh club. Im not sure what style your wedding is but it holds the amount of people you mentioned. Both places are amazing and are on FB if you want to see pics outside of whats on their site.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • laura2434laura2434 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Woodloch resort has very affordable wedding packages and two different locations to choose from. I went with the clubhouse overlooking an amazing golf course and a $65/per person buffet dinner with open bar, cocktail hour, and wedding cake included. It was the most affordable and beautiful location I found. You can also do it in a room overlooking the lake which is walkable to the hotel rooms at the resort. It's in Hawley, PA. I believe they have cheaper packages as well if you want to do a breakfast reception or a cocktail reception. My guests are mostly from either NY or DC so they are all traveling as well.
  • Hi Kerri! I just came across your post and it sounds like you are having a very similar wedding to my own! We are getting married at the Greenridge Club in Scranton. We're paying $65/plate which includes the top-shelf bar package, the buffet package, wine toast AND a cake provided from Minooka Bakery (if you're from the area, you may have heard of them. Their desserts are to die for!). We are having our ceremony and reception at the GRC (the ceremony will be on the dance floor. Not ideal, but this way we won't have to worry about weather!). There is a public park 2 blocks away where we plan to take our pictures. The food is absolutely amazing. The best wedding food I've ever had! Also, they work with The Sleep Inn in Dunmore which provides free shuttle service to and from the GRC for hotel guests. Check out their website http://www.greenridgeclub.com/ and speak with Julie (she is WONDERFUL to deal with). Good luck with your search!
  • Appletree Terrace in Dallas is also very reasonable!  The stations package is $64 per person including tax and gratuity.  From what others have told me the amount of food you get is insane! There is a lot of wood on the ceilings and walls but I have seen pictures with up-lighting and it looks like a totally different place!  
  • Pine Cradle Lake in Rome, PA

http://pclake.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards