Pennsylvania
Options

Honeymoon--sort of a poll

Me and FI are trying to figure out what to do for our honeymoon. We def. want all-inclusive and are leaning toward a beach destination. We are getting married in June of next year.If you're married, where did you go on your honeymoon and did you like it? Would you reccomend it?If you're not married, did you book your honeymoon? How far in advance did you book and did you use a travel agent?

Re: Honeymoon--sort of a poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    this won't help you.. but we went to san fran. we got the plane tickets and hotel booked like 2 months before. we bought tickets for everything else that week. it was a blast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are still trying to decide where to go We were originally thinking a cruise sib=nce we have done the AI thing in cancun. It was fabulous!! We just want to do something different. Now we are leaning towards Brazil and I dont think i will be using a TA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were thinking a cruise too, but neither of us have been on one and I get a little sea sick on my parents fishing boat. So I don't think that would be a good idea for us for the honeymoon.We will probably talk to a travel agent because I've heard sometimes they do find good deals and it doesn't cost you anything. I think they make commission from the places that they book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They do. I also heard if you book with a TA and you find a better price on the internet, they will match it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kittee, If you don't mind me asking, how much does a 9 day trip cost? (if you don't want to share that is ok I'd understand). And is your trip all inclusive?We want to go somewhere for 7 days but we want to keep the budget reasonable. The max we want to spend is $3000 but I really don't know if that is possible.On a side note, we did look at a Sandles resort on some island I've never heard of and it had it's own private cabanna and a private pool! Score! Except it was about $5,000 over our budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't mind sharing at all... Yes, it's all inclusive and it ended up being around $3800. We booked our flights WAY late in the game. We probably could have saved some money if we didn't wait so long (considering we just got our travel vouchers yesterday and we are leaving in less than 2 weeks).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is 11 months away but we are probably doing Aruba. The buccutti in Aruba was highly recommended by our friends who recently got married as well as other couples. Its a private hotel and beach allowing only people 18 and up. Their prices are awesome for 8 days 7 nights. and Aruba is below the hurricane belt, which was important for us because we are going in September!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're considering Costa Rica. we haven't decided if we will use TA yet but we are definately doing a Honeymoon registry. We want a little adventure and alot of relaxation so Costa Rica was a great choice for us. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards