Pennsylvania

Photographer for e-pics

Hi everyone!  I'm new...just got engaged on October 29 :)  My fi and I are looking around for good photogs in the Bloomsburg/hazelton/wilkes barre area to take our e-pics.  We are on a bit of a budget, so reasonably priced photogs who still take gorgeous pics is what I'm looking for.  Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Photographer for e-pics

• edited December 2011
    Welcome Dominique and congrats!Where are you from I'm near Bloom/Hazleton myself!I know some ladies have used Minnig Photography in Bloom.http://www.minnigmedia.com/michaelminnig/There is a link in my bio to my main photog- he shoots 35mm not digital but has good prices.I can also email you info on the amateur photog who shot my wedding. He is just starting out but has a great eye!My hair stylist does hair/makeup services for a photog based outside of Shamokin. [url]http://www.moxiemamastudios.blogspot.com/[/url]
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't do e-pics, but maybe something to think about is going to the campus at Bloomsburg and getting a photography student -- there are some amazing artists there who would be cheap and maybe even free if you allow them to use your pics in their portfolio. Or, if nothing else, a photography professor might be able to point the way to someone who isn't super expensive.
  • deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats on your engagement!!!If you are looking for a photographer who's reasonably priced for 9 hrs, contact Matt Wright from Fig Tree Photography.  I discovered him after booking with a pricier photographer, and he did my friend's wedding and was amazing.  Good luck1Matthew Wright Fig Tree Photography www.figtreephotography.com 267-243-9150
  • edited December 2011
    (I wouldn't recommend doing the student thing for your wedding, but for posed-only pics for like 2-3 hours, I'd try it out)
  • deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops--I'm an idiot.  I didn't see the note about it being for e-pics only.  Sorry!  But don't a lot of wedding photographers include an e-session?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!~mRm~..I live in the town of Bloomsburg.  I have heard good things about the Minnig's..I think I will have to check into it!xlizellx..your idea about finding a photography student reminded me that one of my best friends has a photography degree...duh!  So glad you said something about it to refresh my memory.  Thanks!Guess I've got a couple of options.  You guys were a big help :)
  • edited December 2011
    good luck with whatever you choose! we had a friend take them for our Save The Dates and we bought her dinner and a bottle of wine for payment.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Sandor Welsh and he included the engagement shoot in our package.  He wasn't the cheapest, but I felt with him I was getting very good pictures for the money.  His contact information can be found here on his website www.sandorwelsh.com.  Some of my engagement photos can be found on the Photo Album page of my wedding website www.mollysbigday.com if you want to take a look at his work.  If you speak with him, feel free to say that I recommended him to you.  He's very nice, and came all the way out to Long Beach Island, NJ for our engagement shoot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards