Pennsylvania
Options

Venues near Stroudsmoor Country Inn?

My fiance and I will be visiting Stroudsmoor Country Inn this Sunday, and I was wondering if any of you ladies have suggestions for other venues in the area that we could visit? We are looking for someplace that has a nice outdoor area for the ceremony and possibly the cocktail hour. We'd also be interested in places that have tented outdoor weddings in the summer, again as long as they have a nice outdoor area. As far as pricing, our budget is about $95pp before taxes and gratuities. Thanks for any help!

Re: Venues near Stroudsmoor Country Inn?

• Options
    peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort.  I just went there for a bridal show last weekend and i loved it.  They should be within that price range too and have a really nice outdoor area. 

Have you been to the stroudsmoor inn yet?  i'm looking for a place to stay over and get some nice pictures taken.

we're getting married at cherry valley vineyards - they're completely outdoor though.  I think you can get a tent if you have over a certain amount of guests and you pay extra for it, otherwise it's in a pavillion.  you have to bring in all your alchohol though (except the wine) because there's no "bar" there.  FI isn't thrilled about this but what's done is done.

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion, peanutty. I haven't visited Stroudsmoor yet, I'll be going on Sunday, but I'd be happy to come back and let you know what we thought of it. From the pics on their web site though, it seems like they have lots of places that would be great for pictures.

We originally wanted to schedule a visit to Shawnee on Sunday as well, but the catering person isn't there on Sundays. I'm thinking we might just stop by and tour the grounds ourselves though to see if we like the place.
  • Options
    ctarant0ctarant0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi we looked at Stroudsmoor also.  We ended up booking at Skytop Lodge, which is about 20 mins away.  It's a little pricier, but they offer several different packages and have been pretty willing to work within our budget.  We took a few items out of our package and they adjusted the price accordingly.  We are having an outdoor cocktail hour, and you can also have your ceremony outdoors.

I would also look at Mountain Springs Lake Resort - we checked them out as well.  They have an outdoor area.  One of my co-workers had their ceremony/reception there and her photos were beautiful. 

Our RD is at Cherry Valley Vineyards (as pp mentioned).  It's really nice there and I have not  yet tried their food, but I know a few ppl that went to weddings there and said it was great!

I did not look into Shawnee, but would recommend checking it out!

Good luck! :)
    ~Together since July 19, 2005~ ~Married since June 17, 2011~ ~TTC Soon!~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ctaran! Do you mind if I ask which other venues you visited in the are?

I just got off the phone with Mountain Springs Resort and their venue looks beautiful, unfortunately, I think they are a little out of our price range. I'll take a look at Skytop, but I think they might be a little out of our range as well.
  • Options
    ChateauGMChateauGM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stroudsmoor is certainly a great venue and you won't be disappointed if that is where you choose to have your event. But as the GM of the Chateau, I like our site as an option for you to consider.

We are located at the base of Camelback Mountain and have a great view of the moutain as well as Big Pocono State park. Combine that with 17,000 square feet of event space, a great natural setting and 152 guest rooms and lofted suites, it is a good option for you to consider.

• Options
    DaisiedollDaisiedoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now see, I was going to take a peek at the Chateau.  But if their GM can't follow others rules......

No soliciting of any kind on the message boards or in the chat room -- it is neither allowed nor appreciated by the community. If you are interested in advertising opportunities, please contact salesinfo@theknot.com Wedding professionals involved in a wedding-related enterprise cannot post any information on The Knot message boards, even if offering services free of charge.

ChateauGM, vendors are not allowed to post on these boards for many years.

• Options
    Skytop Lodge!!! But there is no privacy there. I am not sure what is better? Also, what would you recommend: Lawn Haven or Woodsgate? We are going to have about 75 guests...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards