Pennsylvania
Options

The Poets

Hi everyone!  Has anyone had The Poets as their entertainment?  Has anyone seen them at a wedding?  If so, would you be willing to share your opinion?  Many thanks!

Re: The Poets

• Options
    l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  I have been to an event where the poets played (not a wedding, but a formal party), and they were just OK.  Nothing terrible, but nothing fantastic.  The music was good...but there wasn't anything really special about them.  I was at a wedding within the past couple months where the band Fancy Dancer played...and they were fantastic!  The lead singer learned the couple's wedding song just for them, and she really sang it beautifully.  They also interacted very well with the guests...the couple didn't want anything crazy, and they listened! lol.  I think are around $1800, and come with a DJ.  http://www.frankiecarll.com/fancydancer.htm

Hope it helps...and good luck!!! Laughing
  • Options
    poodle2010poodle2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am also considering The Poets for my reception, so I will be very interested in the replies to this post.  I have heard great things about them, but I have also heard great things about Fancy Dancer as well.  I am thinking maybe it depends on the crowd you are catering to.  My reception will have lots and lots of older relatives and these are the people that I am hearing great things about The Poets from.  But I have not personally seen either one, so keep that in mind.  We will see.... 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    To both of you.... REMEMBER THIS IS A NIGHT FOR YOU AND YOUR FI!!!!! Just make sure YOU do your homework and listen to them, including what they normally play. I knwo the Poets have been around for a long time and they are well known and well liked, but they do cater primarily towards an older crowd. If that's what you are looking for, go right ahead. I'm not sure about the other one, I've never heard/seen them.
    Amy & Eric 10-16-10
  • Options
    deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are still looking at bands, I HIGHLY recommend Picture Perfect out of Scranton.  They played at my wedding, and guests have been raving about them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards