Pennsylvania

Bridesmaid hair style

Help! I am trying my hardest not to be bridezilla but i feel it coming on.LOL. I have NOT been picky when it comes to bridesmaid dresses, accessories, makeup, etc. All I asked was that we all go to have our hair done together(pref. an up-do for my girls) My MOH(fyi she lives in another state and havent seen her in awhile) tells me her hair is short..short enough that you can barely grab anything in the back but comes down to about her chin in the front. Shes pretty insistent on not being able to do anything with it. I'm sure hairstylists work with short hair often enough to  have an idea ir two, but she doesn't "want to spend money for nothing." Any ideas?? Thanks sooo much!

Re: Bridesmaid hair style

• edited December 2011
    When my friend got married two years ago, I had a similiar hair style.  I was able to have it curled, and although my hair was not "up" I still had an updo.

One of my bridesmaids, who also has short hair, has in the past been in weddings, and rather than getting her hair "up" or "done", she went with all the girls the day of the wedding and had her hair washed, styled, and hairsprayed. She looked very polished even though she did not have curls.

I can understand your frustration if this is someone who just doesn't want to spend the money.  I fully believe it to be more of quality time/bonding thing on the day of YOUR wedding.
  • BeckyBevillBeckyBevill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks...I don't feel bad now for feeling that exact same way :)
  • edited December 2011
    um...I would refuse if I were your bridesmaids.  They are there to stand at your side and support you and show that you think that they are important/you are important to them - but they are not your Barbie dolls.  You cannot dictate how their hair is done -- and if you're going to make her be photographed a whole lot she should be allowed to look her best - and she thinks her best is with her hair down.

You are 100% being a bridezilla.  

Additionally, you cannot demand it if you aren't even paying for it.  But even if you offer to pay, it's still her hair.  You don't dictate how your guests look - why would you want her to feel uncomfortable?
  • BeckyBevillBeckyBevill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Xlizellx...the way i look at it is, it's the bride and grooms day..if you accept the role of bridesmaid, you accept and respect the brides wishes. You don't just go pick out your own dressin the color you want for someones elses wedding(unless the bride says it's ok). Most of the time, the bride has one in mind or a style for her bridesmaids. Like i said in my above message, i let my girls pick the dresses and they even worked with me on colors. They can also wear the shoes they want. I def don't think it's wrong to ask ONE thing from them for MYwedding. She picked gowns and hairstyles for her wedding!! But thanks for your input...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards