Pennsylvania

save the date magnets

Are save the date magnets a good idea? or not worth the money and trouble?  I am getting married on memorial day weekend so I was thinking it might be a good idea to send those out so everyone can plan their weekend.  If so when would be a good time to send them?  I don't want to do it too early and have people forget or if i sent around christmas maybe they would get lost in the christmas card shuffle.  Any advice??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: save the date magnets

• edited December 2011
    Since you are planning for a holiday weekend, I would suggest doing some type of STD announcement. I would probably wait until after the New Year holiday to send them. I made my own STD magents and cards completely from scratch. It was one of my first DIY projects, before I even knew that sites like Vista Print would be a much less stressful alternative. I'd suggest you check out their site to see what current specials they offer. I know if you give them your email they run a lot of freebie and low cost specials on all their products.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Sousa8611Sousa8611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    join ebates.com.. search for vistaprint in the stores.. go through all their coupons!!.. until the end of june they have free stuff and all you pay is shipping! good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    we have a xyron machine -- do you know anyone who does?  We printed out Save the Dates on our computer and then put them through the machine to laminate the front and magnetize the back.  They were really cheap.

I find magnets good since I put it on the fridge when I get it in the mail and then I remember.  If it was just a paper, I would lose it.

Also, since it's a holiday, I'd send them out like 10 months in advance at least.  Then send out invites like 8 weeks before the wedding.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards