Pennsylvania

PA Alcohol Law

Hi,

I went to visit venues this weekend, and all of them stopped serving alcohol for an hour during the reception. Is this a PA law, or is that just something they do to save money???

Thanks!

Re: PA Alcohol Law

• edited December 2011
    I'm from Long Island getting married in PA.

My venue (The AppleTree Terrace in Dallas, PA) is providing the liquor for 5 hours.

What venue told you they couldnt serve liquor past a certain hour?
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think this is a PA law.  My venue mentioned that one of the reasons they do this is to encourage guests to take their seats for dinner and to remain there throughout the meal - basically to keep the meal on schedule.  Not to mention, it's a money saver as well.

I've been to many weddings in several states and I've never seen a bar open during dinner.  No one ever seemed to have a problem with it - and I think it's completely normal.  I always make sure I grab 2 glasses of wine before dinner, to last throughout the meal.  :o)
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue does this. If you want the bar to remain open during the hour for dinner there is an extra charge applied to your price.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards