Pennsylvania
Options

Officiant help!

So I'm having a horrible time trying to find an officiant for our ceremony.. we're not getting married in a church.  Does anybody have any recommendations as to where to look?

Edit: We're getting married in the Scranton area.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 82 Made the cut!
image 55 Are ready to celebrate! image 22 Are missing out! image 5 Are MIA!

Re: Officiant help!

• Options
    Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also not getting married in a church, and in Scranton. 
    Where are you getting married?
    We looked into officiants and found someone we're interested in  who would do a non-demonitional ceremony for us but it was more than what we were looking to spend so we haven't booked anyone yet either. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NatashaYFNatashaYF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nichols Village.. and our date is crazy popular so that makes it a tad bit more annoying.  I'm Catholic but FI isn't and I won't push him to have to go through anything he doesn't want to so not having it in a church isn't a big deal to me.. we aren't looking to have a super religious ceremony to put in place of that situation either just something spiritual and laid back.  I feel like there isn't much more I need to do other than little things but the show can't happen without this important piece!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
  • Options
    ctarant0ctarant0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's sister used Pun Nuptials - www.punnuptuals.com. They did a really nice job with the ceremony.  Good luck!
    ~Together since July 19, 2005~ ~Married since June 17, 2011~ ~TTC Soon!~
  • Options
    Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    funny, i haven't met anyone on here yet getting married in scranton and i notice we are only a lil over a week apart from each other. 

Oddly enough, i was also raised catholic , FI raised jewish,  but although we share the same basic beliefs, we are both non practicing which is why we looked into non denominational officiant. 

I'm not from the areaso i dont regcognize Nichols Village,  i was just wondering if we were getting married at the same place too!  :) 

Our venue is Lackawanna Station. 

Sorry i haven't been any help, but happy to "meet"   an almost wedding date buddy! Laughing 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am getting married 5.27.12 in Scranton at The Colonnade 2 blocks from the Radisson Lackawanna Station!
    I am also in need of an officiant...has anyone gotten prices yet?  If so please share so then we know what is normal and high etc etc...
    I am Jewish and my FI is...non christian...wiccan.
    I have not started looking heavily...Does anyone know if in PA you can still get a Quaker Marriage License still (where you can marry yourselves?
    Thanks!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do your venues provide suggestions?  My venue provided a list of people for each vendor area I may need - including officiant.
  • Options
    sweetpea0911sweetpea0911 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL keeps recommending the Methodist church in Peckville....not sure if their Reverend would do an outside ceremony, but it's worth asking, yeah?  PM me if you need anymore help...I'ma be in the area Monday!!

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NatashaYFNatashaYF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I'll check into everything suggested. :)

Play - Nichols Village is outside of Scranton soo technically we'll be in Clarks Summit.

Sweets - I know there's some who won't do anything outside of the church and we've tried someone in FSIL's family but she's not so sure he'd do it outside of the church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
  • Options
    sparkleslovesparkleslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using punnuptials for my wedding in October. They are very friendly people. I think you would enjoy them and their prices are not bad. They allow you to pick your own ceremony pieces and everything.
    Good Luck

www.punnuptials.com
  • Options
    Hi I saw this thread, we are getting married at the colonnade on 6.15.13, and i see many of your weddings have past. Who did you send up using for an officiant, would you recommend?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards