Pennsylvania
Options

DJ pricing??

The DJ we were looking to hire wants $50 for the ceremony and $100 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours. Is this average? He's coming from Scranton. Oh, plus extra for gas/mileage since the wedding location is 45 minutes from his office/home.

Re: DJ pricing??

• Options
    brjm2007brjm2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He is asking extra for gas/mileage for what is probably a 30 mile commute? That's just crazy in my opinion. I'm not married yet though and haven't looked into DJ's yet either. I wouldn't go with someone that demanding though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a pretty average price for this area.  With the economy, everyone is asking for mileage from DJs to photographers and videographers - usually if they have to drive more than 20 miles they request reimbursement; 2 of our vendors are.
  • Options
    brjm2007brjm2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No way. That's like telling your employer you want your wages plus mileage because you can't afford gas with the rising prices. I am just glad I know people. I don't think its right to charge mileage when they are charging $100 an hour with a minimum! If they had a normal job, maybe they'd understand just what they are asking. I think its outrageous and I personally would look for someone else. But that's me I guess.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I called around and so far that's the lowest price. I called the music recording director at LCCC and he doesn't have any students who would be interested in a lower rate :-( So I think I'm just going to use an iPod and put my brother in charge of music! I'm paying for everything (except food--which my family is making) myself and def don't have anything more than a minimum wage job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards