Pennsylvania
Options

HELP! Bunch of wedding problems

I have had so much problems within the past few days that i hope someone can help me. My fiance lost his job on wednesday and he was a big source for our wedding budget.Any ways i might be able to save money? My maid of honor and one of my bridesmaids are not speaking anymore. What should i do? My parents are having a hard time with trying to pay for this wedding and to top it of i am not getting really any help from them. What should i do? I was looking into renting a hall and i was told how nice it was well i recevied a phone call from them today telling me that they are not going to rent the hall out anymore. Any good reception places that also hold the wedding in northeast pa?

I appreciate any help to any of the questions.Smile
Beth Dries

Re: HELP! Bunch of wedding problems

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you settled on a date yet? If not, you could always set a date further off in the future tp try and save up money. 

If you have a date in mind, but have not sent out save the dates, you could keep your guest list small and have an intimate ceremony/reception.

What part of NEPA are you planning your wedding? I know of a few places in the Hazleton, WB, Scranton area that you could do everything at one location.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with mRm -- if you haven't sent anything out to people, I'd try to push it back to see how your fiance's situation works out and talk with your parents.  While it's wonderful that you parents want to help out, keep in mind that in this day and age it's not their "job" to give you a wedding -- meaning if you push it back a year or so you might be able to save up money and not burden those around you.  

If you HAVE sent out things, then due to these circumstances you may have to change things to a casual apps and drinks event in a park or a cocktail hour at a nice lounge somewhere .... i honestly think that it is NEVER a good idea to go into debt for a wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was looking for wilkes-barre-scranton area. the date we have set is 10/1/11.
    Beth Dries
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My Brother In-Law had his reception at a Touch of Class Catering in Plains a few years ago. The space was a nice size, the food was good and it includes centerpieces (so that can save you some $). There package prices are really reasonable. They did a family style dinner, which really cut down on costs.

Good luck with all your planning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards