Pennsylvania
Options

father daughter song

Anyone have any suggestions for a father daughter dance song?  I would like to find something not to mushy that will make me cry lol. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: father daughter song

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried to do the same thing - and still cried. Is there any singers your Dad likes in particular? Or a style of music you'd like to dance to??

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did "Wild World" by Cat Stevens.  It's a great song but also my dad loves him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my dad likes the eagles, beegees, foreigner, and other groups like that .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nontradduonontradduo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could use "I Wish You Peace" by the Eagles.
    My Dad is also a big Eagles fan and he and my oldest sister used that for their dance.  My other older sister used "My Girl" by the Temptations b/c my dad is also a big motown fan.
    It's hard to find something not overly mushy or sentimental for this dance.  I'm struggling to find one myself that reflects me and my dad and his music tastes that my sisters or other close relatives haven't already used.
    I will say, everyone loved I wish you peace b/c they knew it was a good dance for my dad and oldest sister and they'd never seen it done before.
    "It's easy to halve the potato where there's love." - Irish Proverb
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had planned to dance with my dad to the song "I Learned From You" by Miley Cyrus....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards