Pennsylvania

Hair Salon and Make Up near Hellertown, PA

I'm looking for recommendations for a salon that will do bridal party hair and also make-up just or me.  Getting married in Hellertown but will go to Bethlehem or Easton too.  I myself don't have a salon that is my favorite (years of trying different ones out...), so I really need recommendations of others!   I'd love to have airbrush make up, but I haven't yet found a salon that does that.  So, as long as it's a good make-up job, I'll be happy.  I'd also take recommendations of traveling services as long as they're about the same price as salons!  Thank you in advance!

Re: Hair Salon and Make Up near Hellertown, PA

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just at a bridal show yesterday and I met Lauren Bennett, who owns her own makeup business.  She does both airbrush and standard makeup and she will come to you.  I never really even considered having my makeup done, but the photos she had with her looked amazing.  The airbrush makeup does really seem to make a difference.  I am pretty sure I'm going to book her for my wedding.  Her website is: http://www.laurensmakeupdesigns.com/

As far as hair goes, my cousin owns a salon and I will be having my hair done there.  I may be biased because she's my cousin, but I have to say that I would have my hair done there even if we weren't related!  Beauty Innovations is affordable and their stylists do a great job.  They are in Easton (right across the street from Easton High School).  Their website is: http://www.beautyinnovationsltd.com/_/Home.html

Good luck!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Daneene Jensen and Associates! They come to you and I found their prices are comparable to salons in the Bethlehem area at least. I think it'll be nice to relax on the wedding day with my girls in the suite, rather than running around to a salon. Here's a link, and they get stellar reviews on weddingwire! http://www.daneenemakeup.com/ They don't do airbrush because I think she said it doesn't look natural, but they use top end cosmetics.
  • edited December 2011

Lauren Bennett is fantastic...I just had my trial with her the friday before Thanksgiving...very down to earth and made it fun and relaxing...She is doing the makeup for my wedding and I'm having Beauty and the Beach Salon doing my hair...they are located on 329 and Airport Road...

March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Patricia Solis her partner is in Allentown so I am sure either of them could do it, they are both fun and amazing and they offer airbrush services. 
    I don't know why someone would say it does not look natural.  I am having airbrush and it looked great.  Its not for everyone but at least on me it looked great.
    www.elegantxpressions.net
  • Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies.  I loved Lauren Bennett's work when I saw it, but the problem is that I am the only one getting makeup.  So, after a long time of debating, I decided to go with Daneene Jensen and I couldn't be happier.  I knew I wanted her company all along but was just trying to find a local salon that might be cheaper.  However, she will only cost a little bit more and it will be SO worth it when she comes to us and we don't have to run around all morning.  Plus, they do hair and makeup so the issue of me being the only one getting makeup ISN'T an issue!  She's been great so far, too.  Excited to work with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards