Pennsylvania

Historic Hotel Bethlehem

I am interested in having my reception at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem. I've heard that it is pricey and I don't have a huge budget. Does any body know the average price per person? I'd like to get a ball park before I get my hopes up.

Thanks!

Re: Historic Hotel Bethlehem

• l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  The Hotel B isn't as terrible as you might think.  It isn't cheap either though!  I live very close to it, and actually know the owners.  They are wonderful people who truly make the Hotel a beautiful place.  I think the packages start around $60 or $70 per person...which includes the open bar.  However, I am pretty sure that also tack on a service fee and prob. a tax fee. When I looked there, I asked for the Champagne toast to be removed...and also asked if we could have normal coffee instead of Starbucks pricey kind! They were very willing to work with me on that...so that could cut costs also.  They also recently replaced the carpet in the Grand Ballroom...and it truly looks stunning for a reception.  The tea lights are all around, and is just a gorgeous setting.  I decided to get married in my hometown, about 2 hours north of Bethlehem.  If I stayed in Bethlehem, it would have been there!

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!
  • ctarant0ctarant0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hotel Bethlehem was our second choice.  It's absolutely beautiful!

They have a very wide range of packages to accomodate all budgets. They were also very willing to work with us to customize the packages specifically to our needs and budget. 

If I remember correctly, their gratituty is 20%.  This is slightly higher than some other venues we looked at. 

Another thing to note is that the hotel accomodations are very reasonable.  We are getting married in prime wedding season - June, and we were quoted about $120 per night for our guests. 

I hope that helps!

~Together since July 19, 2005~ ~Married since June 17, 2011~ ~TTC Soon!~
  • edited December 2011
    There's a blog post about the Hotel Bethlehem here that you might find interesting.

http://www.soulfulengagements.com/1/post/2010/01/journey-to-the-altar-the-reception-venue-part-1.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards