Pennsylvania
Options

Searching for venue in NEPA

Hello fellow Knottians!
After getting engaged on Dec. 17 *yay!* and surviving the bombardment of questions from both families over Christmas (and congratulations and toasts ;) of course), I'm now hunkering down to look for a reception venue. My church is in Hazleton, PA, but because I grew up there I've been to countless formal dances and weddings of friends and family at most of the banquet halls (Edgewood, Valley Country Club, Carmen's, Eagle Rock, Lobitz's, Genetti's) and they all feel sorta "been there, done that" to me. Can anyone share some ideas of venues within a 30 mile radius of the Hazleton area? I'm considering Wilkes Barre area and Jim Thorpe and the other towns in the area...any suggestions?

Re: Searching for venue in NEPA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Capriotti's in Tresckow. They were amazing!  You can find more info online http://capriottisinc.com/and on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1440446421. If you are home on a weekend I highly recommend going there for Sunday morning brunch!

Please visit my bio for full reviews and photos. I also have a lot of reviews on area vendors which you may find helpful! Email me if you need anything!

Welcome and happy planning!
    Meg

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what about sand springs? its in that general area, closer to hazleton, and the weddings that I've been to there have been great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amydz19, you're right! Sand Springs is really nice. It's just that my brother and my best friend had their receptions there, 2 weeks apart. So I kind of had my fill of Sand Springs. ~mRm~, Thanks for the suggestion. I can't see much on your profile despite your photo. What should I do?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ann! A lot of knotties create a personal bio outside of what TK enables us to list iin our profile section. The signature area of posts usually contain a photo and/or sayings and links to personal bios and contact information. If you notice on my post above, below the photo are two links, you can access my personal bio there as well as my email. Happy Planning!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    ShelbyTarynShelbyTaryn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try the Westmoreland Club in Wilkes-Barre, you will need a member to sponsor you, but the club is outstanding and they aim to please. We're having our reception there in October of 2011 and couldn't be happier with the planning thus far.

• Options
    deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP about the Westmoreland Club. It is amazing!  Great prices for amazing food and attention to detail.  We had our wedding there in July and could not have been happier. It is awesome! !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone! 
    Thanks so much for the recommendations. The Westmoreland Club does look lovely! My fiancee has been tossing out the idea here and there about having our reception in a barn, so I got the hint and love the idea. We are going to have our reception at the Barn at Boone's Dam in Bloomsburg. We rare very excited to have that big part squared away. Onto planning other details.  If you know anyone who's has had their reception there or will have it there, I'd love to see how they set it up. 
    Thanks knotties!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards