Pennsylvania

Introduction!!! :)

Hi all! My name is Vanessa and I recently moved from Pittsburgh to right outside of Easton in Phillipsburg, NJ. My FI were tired of the long distance so here I am! We are currently looking to buy a house in the Stroudsburg/Bushkill area.

Our wedding date is 8/24/13 in Pittsburgh at an awesome outdoor venue called the Audubon Society's Succop Conservancy. 

Just wondering if you guys are planning any Knottie Get Togethers any time soon. I've only been here for a month and I need some friends! :)

Thanks & looking forward to chatting with you all!

Re: Introduction!!! :)

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Welcome!

Unfortunately, there's not much action on this board.  I've been on The Knot for almost a year now and there's been no mention of get togethers.

I'm originally from Easton, just outside of P'burg, so if you need any recommendations of things to do, let me know!

Good luck with your house hunting and wedding planning!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_introduction?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:b404e723-8b43-41a3-89c1-d289119a389aPost:999e374c-c903-460b-a630-d158af5ba274">Introduction!!! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all! My name is Vanessa and I recently moved from Pittsburgh to right outside of Easton in Phillipsburg, NJ. My FI were tired of the long distance so here I am! We are currently looking to buy a house in the Stroudsburg/Bushkill area. Our wedding date is 8/24/13 in Pittsburgh at an awesome outdoor venue called the Audubon Society's Succop Conservancy.  Just wondering if you guys are planning any Knottie Get Togethers any time soon. I've only been here for a month and I need some friends! :) Thanks & looking forward to chatting with you all!
    Posted by futurekehrs[/QUOTE]

Hey Vanessa!  My name is Lisa.  As you can probably tell this board is pretty dead.  I check it every now and again but usually nothin going on.  I live about 25 min from stroudsburg but I grew up there.  If you have any questions about neighborhoods, schools or whatever I would be more than happy to help!  Not sure about any G2G but I would def be down if one is planned!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• i check I the board too - it is real quiet so maybe once every few weeks... I grew up in NJ but moved to East Stroudsburg 8 years ago the area has really changed and got built up over the past few years :) Welcome to the NE side of PA :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Hi, Vanessa my name is Brandi and we share the same wedding day. I am about 45 min from you. This board has been pretty boring so I tend to stay on the August 2013 board. If you want to chat you can pm me. Nice to meet you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! Nice to meet all of you!

We looked at about 8 houses in Stroudsburg yesterday but still haven't found the one yet. It was a good opportunity to see the area though. My FI would love to live in the middle of the woods on 5 acres but I am a city girl and need to be at least semi close to civilization! I am hoping to finish my masters at ESU but I have been majorly slacking on studying for the GRE. Ugh. House hunting, wedding planning, and dog adoption are way more fun haha. We have one dog now and since I'm unemployed figure it would be a great time to adopt another one.

Sucks the board isn't very active. Are there any stores in this area you recommend for BM dresses?  My BMs are back in Pittsburgh but I am still really stuck on finding the right dress(es) so it would be nice to actually go and see some.

Thanks again!!!
  • Hi girls! I think this is the most action this boards gotten in a while. Im originally from north NJ and moved to nepa about 10 yrs ago. Went to ESU but not familiar with the area much anymore. I live near Hazelton now and we're getting married in Scranton so if anyone needs help with venues, ideas etc in this are feel free to ask. You can find me on the July 13 board as I always forget to check my pm's. I love wedding chatter and helping everyone pick ideas and finalize plans.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_introduction?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:b404e723-8b43-41a3-89c1-d289119a389aPost:4438f10d-525f-46af-906a-1bcc114234b8">Re: Introduction!!! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! Nice to meet all of you! We looked at about 8 houses in Stroudsburg yesterday but still haven't found the one yet. It was a good opportunity to see the area though. My FI would love to live in the middle of the woods on 5 acres but I am a city girl and need to be at least semi close to civilization! I am hoping to finish my masters at ESU but I have been majorly slacking on studying for the GRE. Ugh. House hunting, wedding planning, and dog adoption are way more fun haha. We have one dog now and since I'm unemployed figure it would be a great time to adopt another one. Sucks the board isn't very active. Are there any stores in this area you recommend for BM dresses?  My BMs are back in Pittsburgh but I am still really stuck on finding the right dress(es) so it would be nice to actually go and see some. Thanks again!!!
    Posted by futurekehrs[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hope your house hunting goes well!  We went under agreement back in June and we close on our house a week after we get back from our honeymoon in November.  So we'll be packing and doing last minute wedding things all at once.  I think some people think we're nuts, but we're excited for all the changes!</div><div>
    </div><div>What kind of dog do you have?  What kind are you looking to adopt?  </div><div>
    </div><div>I recommend Bridals by Sandra in Nazareth, but only if you can make an appointment with Deb Z.  Deb is amazing, but some of the other consultants aren't very professional.  I got my dress there and my BMs got their dresses there as well.  Great service.

</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry for the long turn around time!

Wedding, honeymoon and new home! Exciting. We found a few houses we really like a lot. I am eager to move out of his bachelor pad haha so I'm really hoping the process doesn't take as long as I fear it will.

I currently have a 5 year old pit bull mix named Sasha and we actually ended up rescuing a puppy this week! He is an 11 week old German Shorthaired Pointer mix. So cute!

Thanks for the info on the bridal salon!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards