Pennsylvania

Limo service?

Happy New Year!
How do the groomsmen get to the chapel?  As the bride's parents, are we supposed to provide transportation from the hotel to the chapel for them?  Also do the bridesmaids ride in the same limo as my daughter and her dad to the chapel?  Been 35 years since I got married and both my sons' ceremonies were at the reception venue.  What is the current standard?

Re: Limo service?

• edited December 2011
    For our wedding we had the GM drop their cars off at the hotel we were staying at the night of the wedding. The Groom and GM then took 2 cars to the hotel they were staying at the night before the wedding. After getting ready and taking photos they simply carpooled the very short distance to the church.

I got ready at my Grandmother's home along with my bridal party. We had hair, makeup and photos before leaving in our shuttle bus which took us to church. My Mother, Father and Grandmother as well as DH's s parents drove their own vehicles to the church and then to the reception. Following the ceremony everyone in the bridal party took the shuttle to the hotel for a quick breather before the reception. We also had shuttles running to and from hotel to reception for our guests convenience.

The current standard is doing what works well for your situation and logistics. For us it was more practical to book shuttle buses (party buses) for our entire bridal party's transportation and guest transportation (to/from hotel and venue) than to book even one small limousine. Both sets of parents chose to drive themselves in their own vehicles; my in-laws so they could leave ceremony immediately to tend to OOT family members who came in for the wedding and my parents so they would have a means to transport some decorations and gifts following the reception.

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • ctarant0ctarant0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently spoke to a limo service...they said it was common for them to pick up the groom/groomsmen where they were getting ready and take them to the church or ceremony site. 

Once the men are there, the same limo would come pick up the bride and bridesmaids and take them to the church or ceremony site.

Once the ceremony is over, the limo takes all of them together to the reception.

For this option, you would have to have a limo large enough to accomodate the entire bridal party. 

The parents of the bride and groom could either drive themselves or rent a small limo.

I hope this is helpful! :)
    ~Together since July 19, 2005~ ~Married since June 17, 2011~ ~TTC Soon!~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards