Canada-Vancouver
Options

BM Dresses Don't Fit - Wedding in 19 days!

Hey Everyone, I have a bit of a situation..... We ordered our BM dresses back in April....supposed to be in by June, but just got them last week. 3/4 of my girls tried them on and they are too small...we couldn't even zip them up! We were told afterwards that we should have ordered one or two sizes up from what the girls actually area. Anyway....we are running out of time and I'm not sure what to do! They are Dessy Dresses, style 6559 in Ocean Blue http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6559/ Size 8, 12, 12 and 18. So...looks like we need to find new dresses.....and we are thinking black because it's easy to find....but I so had my heart set on the colour. Not sure where to go to find the range of sizes that we need. Any suggestions? We live in the Vancouver area. Disappointed and frustrated....and just had to share it with my fellow Brides out there!!

Re: BM Dresses Don't Fit - Wedding in 19 days!

• Options
    Mrs.C4/07Mrs.C4/07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a lovely dress and I love the color! Well, since it's the shop's fault, shouldn't they be the ones to pay for the rush fees/alterations? How about going to regular stores like Laura or the like at the mall? They have dresses there. I myself got so frustrated going to bridal shops to get BM dresses. Everything is always overpriced and really, they're just dresses.
  • Options
    Mrs.C4/07Mrs.C4/07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forever 21 Canada has several budget-friendly dresses. I think this best resembles the color you were looking for: http://canada.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=dress_dressy&product_id=2060746110&Page=all
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My thanks to you both. I ended up going out last night and found 4 black dresses that are perfect and less than the original dresses. It sort of throws my colour scheme off...but with 2 weeks left, I don't have time to mess around!! I'm sad that I just discovered the "knot boards" now...this would have been a great place to talk about everything! Happy Weddings! Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards