Canada-Vancouver

Inexpensive Flowers

My fiance and I are having our wedding early August, and I'm trying to figure out which species of flowers will be the most inexpensive (seasonally) as well as the best way to purchase large orders of flowers, whether through a florist, or wholesale company, or a plant-farm company like Art Napp
We'd really like something unique and delicate looking, more along the lines of peonies, Love-in-the-mist (nigella), and/or delphiniums.  Pale colors, whites and greens. 
Please let me know of any advise and tips to get this process started, thank you!

Re: Inexpensive Flowers

• edited December 2011
    Not sure about the seasonal flowers. When we were looking for a florist we wanted someone who was creative and modern. We went with Flower Factory on Main St. They came highly recommended, were the best price, and Gloria really knows what she's talking about! I'm going to see a sample at the beginning of May for my May 30th wedding.

I believe Costco sells flowers if you're looking to DIY. Not sure where else you could go...
  • edited December 2011
    Great, thanks, I will definitely check out Flower Factory
  • edited December 2011
    Dahlias should start to be in season late summer.. and since they're so big, you may not need as many of them to make an arrangement

That's the flower that comes to my mind around that time
  • edited December 2011
    Talk to a florist.  Not only can they give you a quote (so you can decide if the cost is too high), but they will be able to tell you what's in season in August so that you can do some shopping around at places like Costco where they might not have as much info on that kind of thing.  Also be aware that unless you're looking to have very simply bouquets, they can be difficult to wrap properly...so if you're only going to save $5 on each bouquet by doing it yourself, maybe it's not worth it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards