Canada-Vancouver

Vancouver Wedding Ceremony/Honeymoon Resort or B&B ---- any suggestions?

Hi ladies, I'm getting married summer 2011 and my fiance and I would love an intimate (up to 20 guests) destination wedding in Vancouver!  We live in Atlanta, GA USA and we'd love to experience the culture of Vancouver/Vancouver Island.  We think it's beautiful there and it'll provide what we both love (I love the ocean, he loves the mountains) with the perfect temperature (not too hot, not too cold).

I've started looking online and even sent off for BC's tourism guides to get suggestions.  I haven't been able to find exactly what we're looking for yet.  Does anyone have suggestions on resorts, hotels, or b&b's that offer wedding packages?  We'd prefer that the resort/hotel/b&b is located on the beach or waterfront, and we'd like to have our ceremony on the beach or waterfront.  We're looking to stay there with our guests for the weekend of our wedding, and then honeymoon in Tofino, Victoria, or the Sunshine Coast for more of a mountain adventure. 

I'd sincerely appreciate any guidance you have to offer!  Thanks a bunch!    

Re: Vancouver Wedding Ceremony/Honeymoon Resort or B&B ---- any suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    You might be able to find a package at the Wickaninnish Inn in Tofino www.wickinn.com I had wanted to get married in Tofino, but we decided it would be too hard for the out of towners... that being said, if it's a smaller group they might enjoy the island. You'll also have to stop in Coombs on the way if you're driving (specifically "Goats on the Roof"). Best Western Tis Wis is another option for the Tofino area www.tinwis.com The beach there is really pretty and the food in the restaurant was really good.

Can't think of anything in Vancouver off hand, but check the hotels for packages. Whistler or Victoria might have some options for you too.

• edited December 2011
    Hi There!
    I am from Vancouver and getting married on the Sunshine Coast next weekend. There are lots of great places around here. If you are wanting to stay right in the city, you could look at Stanley Park, Granville Island or Lonsdale Pier for ceremony locations, with the reception at a hotel. downtown. You could also do your wedding at the top of Grouse Mountain, where the guests have to to take a Gondola ride up. The view over the city is breathtaking.

We looked at many resorts on the Sunshine Coast and Gulf Islands. We ended up choosing the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, about a 40 minute ferry and 30 minute drive from Vancouver. So far, the resort has performed over and above my expectations. There is a large staff on hand to help plan weddings. And the food is unbelievable.  Other places we looked at were the Aerie Resort, Bodega Ridge, Poet's Cove Resort, Galiano Inn. And like PP said, Tofino is beautiful as well.
    Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for!
  • edited December 2011

There is a resort 11/2 hours from Vancouver Airport called the Fraser River Lodge. No, it is not on the ocean but there is water, as it is on the Fraser River. They do offer wedding package on their site www.fraserriverlodge.com/">http://www.fraserriverlodge.com/

Should you require a wedding planner to help in the local area check out www.simplesoiree.ca/">www.simplesoiree.ca

Have fun planning!

• AshleyNC2010AshleyNC2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Harrison Hot Springs is nice. Its not right in Vancouver though. I'm guessing its about 2 hours by car from Vancouver. I live in the valley so not 100% sure of the time it would take. Rockwater looks amazing. We considered getting married there. Pretty much anywhere on Vancouver Island is amazing!  White Rock is also nice.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're ok about being on vancouver island, theres a lodge in Campbell River. We almost got married there.  It's called Dolphins Resort.  There are log cabins, wood-burning fireplaces, and a hot tub for each cabin overlooking the water.  For activities, there's fishing, hiking, and mountain bike riding, and lake swimming in the summer.  I'll try and find the link and post it.  The restaurant there is excellent,
  • dehobsondehobson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Wick Inn in Tofino is definitely a good option.

Rock Water Resort on the Sunshine Coast is a little more 'earthy' but also very nice.
    http://www.rockwatersecretcoveresort.com/

I'm sure you'll love it here as much as we do
  • ramora13ramora13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on your budget there is The Empress Hotel in Victoria, it's right on Victoria's Inner Harbour. Although it is a Fairmont Hotel so keep that in mind.
  • randiatuccrandiatucc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married at Bonniebrook Lodge on the Sunshine Coast and it's perfect for a more intimate wedding.  The lodge has 8 oceanfront rooms and should be able to accomodate your party.  It's only a 10min drive from the ferry terminal and has 5* dining; just speak to Lina there for more info, she's been really helpful!

• edited December 2011
    I agree with goldgold about the Wickaninnish Inn in Tofino. It's one of the most beautiful places I have ever been too and Tofino is a great place to go if you want a very unique experience.
    Cheers,
    - Lisa, photographer
    http://picturemywedding.ca
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards