Canada-Vancouver

Hair & Makeup Budget?

Hi Vancouver Brides!

I'm wondering what is reasonable for bridal hair and makeup? I've been checking out some salons and I don't quite know what to expect.

What are you planning on spending? What's normal?
Thanks!

Re: Hair & Makeup Budget?

• edited December 2011
    I'm currenly looking for someone to do hair and make up too.

It seems like for hair and make up who comes to your location range around $200? but I find they charge more if they know you're a bride. And I haven't tried anyone yet, so don't really know who's good.

I've heard of brides who go to the MAC counter at the Bay and if they like the outcome, then ask the associate if they do freelance jobs? I'm tempted to try that and see what they say =P
  • stepnerstepner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!
    Trying MAC might not be a bad idea, I wonder what the cost difference would be. I really like a girl right now who comes to you for hair and makeup and she charges $250. Seemed more than I expected but maybe it's not that outrageous.
    I'll keep doing my research.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Contact Brendan from www.beauty-a-go-go.com

He's quite reasonable and very good!  Also mobile.

He has been doing my hair for quite some time and he will be doing my wedding hair in June.
  • edited December 2011
    i will be paying 200 including trial
    my makeup/hair mobile artist also gave me products to improve my skin which was very nice of her
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • randiatuccrandiatucc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my hair and makeup done by different salons.  My makeup is being done by Michelle Sheremeta http://www.michellesheremetamakeup.com/ for $75 (she came highly recommended) and then my hair is also $75....sounds like I got a deal!
  • pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Alexa Rae she is a mobile MUA
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    In the end I found Mandy Lau. She does both hair and make up mobile. http://ms-makeup.webs.com/
    I find her prices are pretty reasonable. And after the consultation I knew I was in good hands =)
  • edited December 2011
    This is who I am using. She is amazing! and very professional.

http://makeup-by-felicia.com/section/130634_I_Do.html

Its worth checking out as she can come to your location instead of you having to go to a salon!

Also, if you book, mention that Steph referred you Smile

Congrats and have fun
  • I have found that if you are willing to go INTO a Salon, the price is lower. We are getting married near Kelowna... every mobile stylist seemed to want to charge $200+ per woman, for both hair and makeup...

But then I found Cream Salon in downtown Kelowna... and they charge $125 for both!!

Needless to say, we are going to just go into the salon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards