Canada-Vancouver
Options

Any Ceremony and Venue suggestions?

We originally were going to be getting married in a big ceremony in Alberta. but have recently decided to keep the wedding small, intimate and close to home. So I have a year an a half or so to plan this, on a  budget, and am looking for some suggestions for ceremony location and venue location! Would be cool if it could be used for both lol  I'm really hoping for outdoors somewhere for the ceremony and somewhere nice we can have a nice dinner with our family. Done. That's it lol And since we're still new to the area, we don't really know anywhere :( Any help ladies? Really not picky, making all my decorations and things myself(and family will be helping)! Thanks ladies!! Going to keep reading previous posts now ;)

Re: Any Ceremony and Venue suggestions?

• Options
    my cousin got married at Minnekhada and it was gorgeous! Burnaby mountain is nice too, or old orchard park in port moody has a cute community center that is often used for receptions if its a really small guest list.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    We were originally going with Minnekhada, but after I started the research I found out how logistically difficult it would be, plus there were no guest facillities like a hotel would have, you have to bring in all the food/staff/catering which is much more expensive than a hotel venue. Evenutally we decided on the Executive Plaza Hotel in Coquitlam, which offers a terrific wedding package that includes food, wine, champagne, some decorations and cake. You can have the ceremony outside in a gazebo by the pool or inside if the weather doesn't cooperate. There are a number of parks closeby for outdoor photography opportunities too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards