Canada-Vancouver
Options

Having trouble finding a whimsical venue

Does anyone know of a whimsical venue where I can hold both my ceremony and reception? This is the 2nd marriage for both of us so we are looking for a little less tradiional and won't be having dancing or anything but would still like to have a nice dinner for about 40 people. I feel like I have looked at soooo many places but we don't need a big ball room or anything and I just haven't been able to find any restaurants that seem to have enough "personality."  I'm not opposed to having the wedding/reception downtown, but we live in Langley and it would be more convenient for our guests to stay out of the downtown area. Any suggestions? I'm at my witts end!! Thanks!!

Re: Having trouble finding a whimsical venue

• Options
    edited December 2011

What exactly do you mean by whimsical? I'm having a wedding the same size as yours so I've also been searching.

The Capilano Suspension Bridge has a really cute cottage/restaurant for a reception with a few choices for the ceremony location. The restaurant is only available October-March though but that might work for your winter wedding. The food there is good.

The Hart House Restaurant in Burnaby has room for 70 I think in the main building and 36 in a lakeside cottage that is behind the main building. You may be able to have the ceremony inside or outside on their lawn facing the lake.

You could also try The Tea House in Stanley Park or Seasons in the Park in Queen Elizabeth Park. They both have small rooms, great food, and amazing views. You could have your ceremony outside in Stanley Park or Queen Elizabeth Park. Or there is the Celebration Pavilion in Queen Elizabeth or The Chapel at Stanley Park for the ceremony.

Hope that helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A really cute site is the Glenview park area in new westminster (http://www.glenbrookpark.com/)
    Its an adorable little park with a great area for an outdoor wedding then a good size indoor area for the reception. Its in a very nice, quiet area
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Vancouver Rowing Club was where I initially wanted my wedding. Depending on the size of your guestlist you might have to have the ceremony outside, which you might or might not want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You didn't say when the wedding will be taking place. If it is a summer wedding you should check out Rowena's Inn on the River which is at the Sandpiper Golf Resort or the Falls Golf Course.

If you would like some more ideas or need help with planning your wedding day please feel free to contact me at karen@simplesoiree.ca

Have fun!

• Options
    ramora13ramora13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out The Secret Garden I don't know if they do exactly what you want but I think it suits the category "whimsical" http://www.secretgardentea.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards