Canada-Vancouver
Options

Shuttles that Don't Kill Your Budget?

Hi ladies!

My FI and I recently moved to Vancouver, so 90% of our guests are going to be out-of-towners (many from the US and/or east coast).  I'm considering having the cermeony at the UBC Rose Garden and will probably provide shuttles to get everyone there (so guests won't have to rent cars after spending a ton on airfare).  Any suggestions on shuttle companies that don't kill your budget?  All the ones i've seen recommended on weddingmapper etc have super fancy shuttles with DVD players and poles etc and cost $200/hour with 2-hour minimum.  I'll probably need 2-3 shuttles at the same time to get everyone there (we're expecting about 100 guests..... 90 will be OOT!  and most shuttles have 20-30ish capacity), so that's gonna get expensive.  I am just looking for a simple shuttle that is comfy and looks better than a yellow bus :)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks all!

Re: Shuttles that Don't Kill Your Budget?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Landsea Tours, We worked there a few years ago and will probably get them to do a private charter out to Agassiz for our wedding.  You only charter them for the time you need, unless it has changed since we left.  They are also a green company and run their buses on bio diesel if that's something that you might be interested in.  www.vancouvertours.com

Best of Luck and congratulations!!

Cassie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know those hop-on hop-off trolley's you see around Vancouver? You can rent them! Not sure on the pricing but it's worth checking out.

Depending on your budget look into a greyhound bus VS. a school bus (yes, you can charter them too).

see:
    http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/charters
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm helping with a friends wedding and offered to look into a shuttle for her. I should share my knowledge! Call:

Blue & White Bus & Coach (Speak to John) 604 690 8687
    OR
    Charter Bus Lines of BC (Speak with Christy) 604 940 1707

After getting quotes from 14 different Vancouver companies I can assure you these two had the best rates and were the nicest!
    Best of luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards