Canada-Vancouver

Ceremony/Reception Venue in the Lower Mainland

Hey everyone,

We've tentativly set September 21st 2013 as our date but I'm having troubles finding venues! Our guest list is about 65 and I'm looking to keep it small, rustic and somewhat casual but elegantly so with an outdoor ceremony. I've checked out the Brew Creek Center, it's gorgeous, but way too expensive due to having to book out the entire lodge! I've also been looking at the Fraser River Lodge in Agassiz, but I'm not 100% satisfied. We're hoping to keep the budge to $15,000 (dress and rings not included) which I didn't think would be hard with a small guest list but I keep getting proven wrong!

So this is my plea! haha. Does anyone have any Lower Mainland venues to suggest? I'm open to anywhere in the Lower Mainland, from Hope to Whistler, maybe the Island if it's something spectacular.

Thank you in advance!
Bri

Re: Ceremony/Reception Venue in the Lower Mainland

• jcrmcjcrmc member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    I'm having mine next august at Kirkland House in Ladner. The interior is not available to hold reception (the use one room for the bride's getting ready room) but the exterior is GORGEOUS (the pics they have up don't do it justice) and they have 2 20x20 marquee tents available to rent. Rental includes tables and chairs to host up to 200, and the ground floor washrooms are accessable as well. PM me if you want to see my photos of the exterior.

ETA: my wedding is also around 65 ppl
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've looked at a few places in and around Abbotsford. 
    **I've booked at The Secret Garden, which is a greenhouse in the Abbotsford/Chilliwack Sumas flats.  It's about $3000 to book, but as I'm an avid gardener.
    **Minter Garden is beautiful, but don't get sucked in if you have a budget... Firstly, you will not be the only bride.  They have 3 weddings per day at each site (6 brides in the same area on one day?!) and two reception sites that are attached to one another.  The price is ridiculously high, and you have no real options to make the wedding unique.
    **If you are looking for something really cute (it might not be your style) but you might be able to rent the Trethewey House by Mill Lake in Abbotsford.  It's a heritage home with the barn converted into a little hall.  They normally have a wine festival there, so that's how I know it could be an option.
    There are a few wineries around that love to take in weddings (I believe there's two on 16th from Abbotsford to White Rock). 
    Good luck!
    ~Monique Papineau
  • Check out the UBC boathouse!
    Also, consider doing tapas style/passed heavy appetizers (can still be delicous!) instead of a sit down dinner...I think its more fun anyways :)
    Photographer - Check out erica rose: www.ericaroseblog.com she gives great deals to BC brides, just ask!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-vancouver_ceremonyreception-venue-in-the-lower-mainland?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:625Discussion:bdd80e9b-0bc3-46a9-8ba3-aba6be3272adPost:74bf22de-87e5-4f99-af9d-63dd2c4c2627">Ceremony/Reception Venue in the Lower Mainland</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, We've tentativly set September 21st 2013 as our date but I'm having troubles finding venues! Our guest list is about 65 and I'm looking to keep it small, rustic and somewhat casual but elegantly so with an outdoor ceremony. I've checked out the Brew Creek Center, it's gorgeous, but way too expensive due to having to book out the entire lodge! I've also been looking at the Fraser River Lodge in Agassiz, but I'm not 100% satisfied. We're hoping to keep the budge to $15,000 (dress and rings not included) which I didn't think would be hard with a small guest list but I keep getting proven wrong! So this is my plea! haha. Does anyone have any Lower Mainland venues to suggest? I'm open to anywhere in the Lower Mainland, from Hope to Whistler, maybe the Island if it's something spectacular. Thank you in advance! Bri
    Posted by bfunk89[/QUOTE]

THere is a lodge in minnikhada in Port Coquitlan that is stunning, they will rent out thier space. Also the hall in Old Orchard Park in port moody is by the beach, but it is quite small.
    Harrison Hot springs, the resort will do weddings, but probably not cheap.
    Not sure where you are, but look up what the city or nearby cities offer as a lot of the rec centers etc have halls that can be rented, some are prettier then others....do some of your own research before calling them...look up the venues, drive past them, etc.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• We are booked at Richmond Olympic Oval for beginning Sept 2013. They have a huge grass area on the North Plaza and very affordable rental pricing...and best of all it's not run by City of Richmond, but the Oval's own rental coordinator.
    So many ppl go there to take wedding photos at the back of the Oval, so why not get married there!? 
    Good luck with your planning mrs. brides!
  • Would you be interested having your wedding on a boat/yacht? I saw a couple of options listed on Weddingful. I'm thinking about planning an intimate outdoor wedding as well. I was also looking at the Hazelmere Golf & Country Club. They can do outdoor ceremonies but their reception is indoor. I hope that helps! :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-vancouver_ceremonyreception-venue-in-the-lower-mainland?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:625Discussion:bdd80e9b-0bc3-46a9-8ba3-aba6be3272adPost:74bf22de-87e5-4f99-af9d-63dd2c4c2627">Ceremony/Reception Venue in the Lower Mainland</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, We've tentativly set September 21st 2013 as our date but I'm having troubles finding venues! Our guest list is about 65 and I'm looking to keep it small, rustic and somewhat casual but elegantly so with an outdoor ceremony. I've checked out the Brew Creek Center, it's gorgeous, but way too expensive due to having to book out the entire lodge! I've also been looking at the Fraser River Lodge in Agassiz, but I'm not 100% satisfied. We're hoping to keep the budge to $15,000 (dress and rings not included) which I didn't think would be hard with a small guest list but I keep getting proven wrong! So this is my plea! haha. Does anyone have any Lower Mainland venues to suggest? I'm open to anywhere in the Lower Mainland, from Hope to Whistler, maybe the Island if it's something spectacular. Thank you in advance! Bri
    Posted by bfunk89[/QUOTE]

<div>I come from the future with a tip: At Fraser River Lodge you must book 8 rooms at $150 each with your wedding package. It's a gorgeous location though.</div>
  • we are planning our wedding for harrison hot springs, its not actually too badly price, the location for venue and reception and catering for 70(my guestlist)  is about 5000.!! Newlands golf course also does an all inclusive package! and If you wanna travel much more north Seymour golf course in north van does brides on a budget for those of us trying to keep it under 10000!
  • So I've totally nerded out and made a spreadsheet of all the venues that were possibilities for us before we finally decided on ours. Our budget is similar to yours and we wanted out door, with ceremony and reception in the same place. I hope this helps!

Venue Location Capacity Time Ceremony Fee Reception Fee Reception Style Minimum Buyout Alcohol Corkage Fee Dinner Per Person Dinner with 75 Guests Accomodation Fees per person Accomodation Fee for 75 Guests Extra Fees Notes TOTAL WITHOUT ACCOMODATION TOTAL WITH ACCOMODATION  
    Merridale Cidery Cobble Hill (Vancouver Island)     750 2040         44 3300 0 0       6090 ADD ALCOHOL
    Bowen Island Lodge Bowen Island     - 6000       750 missing   122 9150   Max 48 People. 2 nights buyout   15900 ADD ALCOHOL
    Cecil Green Park Vancouver   5:30-1Am - 3800 outdoor on terrace   not included   126 9450 0 0 $2/chair for folding chairs     13250 ADD ALCOHOL
    Bodega Ridge Galiano Island 120     7000     30 per bottle starting - 50 3750 62.5 4687.5   Max 42 people   15437.5 ADD ALCOHOL
    Alderwood Farm Bowen Island       16,000   included     included 0 0 0   Includes tax and gratuities   16,000 ALLOWED TO BRING ALCOHOL
    Hastings House Galiano Island       1500     45 per bottle   75 5625 207 15525   Do you need to buy out the hotel to rent the venue? Is the venue able to do ceremony and reception? What time does the reception need to end?      
    Tea House Vancouver   5:30-1am 400 2800   7000 35 per bottle   45 3375 0 0 500 for dance floor     10700 LEAVES 4,000 for alcohol
    Hart House Vancouver   6-12am 300 3900         58 4350 0 0       8550 ADD ALCOHOL
    The Brew Creek Center Whistler     2000 -   10000     75 5625 143 10725   full buyout of hotel required at 10K for 70 people.   7625 ADD Accomodation 10K, assuming people pay for their way.
    University Golf Course Vancouver     350 300         60 4500 0 0       5150 ADD ALCOHOL
    Mayfair Lakes Richmond     500     9000 24 per bottle   48 3600 0 0 65 socan     9500 LEAVES 5,400 for alcohol
    Furry Creek Golf & Country Club Furry Creek                                  
    Brock House Restaurant Vancouver                                  
    The Stanley Park Pavillion Vancouver   4-1am 2400 3700   8000     71 5325           18100 LEAVES 2300 for alcohol
    Horizons Burnaby           9000                      
    Fraser River Lodge Squamish       11650         included                
    Secret Garden at Woodbridge Ponds Abbotsford       Ranges: 2700-3900 Outdoor/Indoor Garden   not included 25 not included                
    Rocky Creek Winery Cowichan Bay 100 All day until 11pm   1200 completely outdoor   not included not included not included                
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards