Canada-Alberta

Edmonton - Bridesmaid Dresses

Hey girls...I finally decided on my bridesmaids, and asked them all this weekend. Now it's time to start shopping for their dresses! Any suggestions of places to go in the Edmonton area? We are going to go to Bridal Debut, Sposabella and Ethos, but I am wondering if you have any advice/suggestions?

Re: Edmonton - Bridesmaid Dresses

• edited December 2011
    I think the stores you have listed would be good.  Don't take them to many more than that or it will become a crappy day for all.  Good luck!
  • wadingmoosewadingmoose member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good.  If you have time, the Bridal House on the north side has a reasonable selection as well and their Bridesmaid change rooms are separate from the bridal ones so you may have better luck trying things on.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • edited December 2011
    I'd skip Sposabella - my friend chose dresses from their for her wedding and they came in about 2 weeks before the wedding and we didn't have time to have them altered properly (everyone was from out of town).  Bad experience!I bought my wedding dress from bridal debut and they were great.  The girls dresses were from ABC and we didn't have any problems.  The store isn't as nice as some others but the dresses came in quicker than expected and everything was exactly as ordered.Have fun shopping!
  • wadingmoosewadingmoose member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got her dresses from ABC this spring.  Her dress came in way too small and her measurements had not changed (she wore a white bridesmaid dress) and they no longer do alterations there so you'll have to find a seamstress elsewhere.  She didn't have a good experience there at all.  It's gone downhill.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • edited December 2011
    I really love where we got both my dress and the girls' dresses - Pure Bridal.  The service was amazing and the dresses came in way quicker than expected.  When I was shopping Bridal Debut was also great to deal with.  I agree with past post on Sposabella, I did not have a great experience there.  If you want to go to more shops than you have listed already, maybe split it up into two trips because that will be enough by the end of the day.  It really is a tiring experience!
  • 2_B_A_WIFE2_B_A_WIFE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gemini in Londonderry Mall has TONS of bms dresses. its a shop specializing in bridesmaids dresses, flower girl dresses, and ring bearer tuxes. Great prices, awesome service. I got my ring boys tux there and it was amazing. The guy knew exactly what size my son wore and told me how to hem his pants. (needed it for that weekend for my sisters wedding). Gemini is right next to winners on the upper level. the phone number is 780-456-1857. Good Luck!!! p.s. I would skip sposabella, i went there to look for a wedding dress and they were extremely rude to me and even asked me to leave b/c i grabbed a dress off the rack without knowing i wasnt supposed to. (oops!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My little man all ready to bat
  • edited December 2011
    When I went to Sposabella the lady helping me was so unfriendly! When she was tying up the back of one dress I made a small comment that I wasn't sure if I would like the dress and she got all b!tchy saying "well do you even want me to continue to do this?!?!?!?!" ummm, yes please? Then when I was going back into the change room she just kind of grabbed the trains, chucked them in the change room with me and slammed the door. They wouldn't let you take pictures since their dresses are sooo exclusive...please. Not the experience I was looking for!
  • edited December 2011
    ooohh I would be carefull about Ethos too....two of my friends bought bridesmaid dresses there for their bridesmaids and they just had a world of pain and drama....everything from them ordering the wrong dresses, dressing coming in late, charging extra for dresses after they've ordered them...oh and cherry was of course that the one girl got her wedding dress there too and they ordered it in the wrong size and then proceeded to tell her she got fat, but when comparing it to measurements they took she actually lost weight, and no attempt was made to assist or pay for alterations.I went to Purebirdal for my bridesmaid dresses and they are really great, very professional, very helpful, and I thought the dresses where way better quality.
  • CanadianGurlCanadianGurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Bridal Debut where the particular dress I had picked out happened to already be the best price among the bridal salons I checked out, and they also gave me an additional 15% off because I purchased my gown there. I found Sposabella to be less than helpful when searching for the bridesmaids dresses for my wedding. I found ABC to be absolutely AWFUL when shopping there for my bridesmaids dress for a friends' wedding (they eyed me up, guessed out loud my size with a bunch of other customers there and weren't even going to measure me, just order it. Their "guess" about my dress size was 5 sizes larger than they ended up ordering for me, and even though they measured me, it still came in 2 sizes too large. I was barely able to get it altered (elsewhere of course) down enough that it wouldn't fall off. Even when they measured me, they were crude and rude. The dress was in 1 month later than they said it would be too. I've also seen less expensive prices elsewhere for the same place. Stay clear of ABC. Bridal debut provided much more classy, elegant service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards