Canada-Alberta

Camping Wedding in Alberta

Hi,
  I just got engaged this past week, and I'm trying to find a great camping/cabin area in Alberta, Rocky Mountains, if someone knows of one, can you please post it. Thanks. We are not looking at having a big wedding, something small and simple.

Re: Camping Wedding in Alberta

• edited December 2011
    Hi,
      I just got engaged this past week, and I'm trying to find a great camping/cabin area in Alberta, Rocky Mountains, if someone knows of one, can you please post it. Thanks. We are not looking at having a big wedding, something small and simple.
  • meaghan333meaghan333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I understand correctly, you're looking for a camping/cabin area to get married at?  And if so, Tekkara Lodge in Jasper has a beautiful cliff overlooking where the two rivers meet, and last summer I saw a wedding there.  The location isn't very big, but the scenery is pretty.  I am not sure if there is a hotel, but they have little cabins all over the place.  And since it's Jasper, there are campgrounds within a 2 minute drive.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there! 
    We're getting married Oct 1st in Banff.  The location is Tunell Mountain Reservoir it also is kind of a cliff overlooking the valley.  It's along side the Douglas fir resort which rents cabins on the edge of the woods.  There is also Tunell Mountain campground farther down the road.  The whole location is actually away from the townsite, and the ceremony site is rente from the town for about $200.
  • Lil MacLil Mac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mount Robson have a variety of campgrounds, and possibly a lodge (?) If your looking for a rustic place, this would be great. My favorite is Robson River campground, but the others are great as well, and you can't beat the view!! Photos would be gorgeous down by Robson River at the base of the mountain. It is still within the Rocky mountains and Jasper National Park, but just inside the BC border. Also, Jasper and Valemount are not to far away.

• cjkostiukcjkostiuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Golden BC has a beautful campground that hosts weddings. Its just across the bc/ab boarder. The place is called the Eco lodge. I havent been to a wedding there myself but I know a couple who was married there. Check it out online, if your interested I can get you some info from her. 
  • Sydney91Sydney91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Once my family went to Em-Te Town near Rocky Mountain House.

I loved this place and if I remember correctly, the church there performs weddings. It is a great place and I highly recomend it. It has a restaurant and even a wagon to hang a just married sign on. I was there when I was 7 and have been bugging my parents to go back ever since (I'm 20 now and still bugging). It leaves a great impression with its beauty and has that special unforgettable touch! It is also incredibly dirt cheap.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards