Canada-Alberta

E-Mail RSVP's

Hi Everyone...

We sent out beautiful hand made paper invitations but instead of RSVP cards we opted to set up an e-mail account that everyone could use as most people in our families use the internet. I did a lot of research first... apparently it's a  popular thing to do these days but now there's just a few weeks left til our requested deadline and we've received very few replies. I know there's still a few weeks left but I'm starting to get very anxious as I thought this would be easier for everyone than making a trip to the mail box ( I mean who's not on facebook and the internet ALL the time any way???) Any advice??

Re: E-Mail RSVP's

• edited December 2011
    Send out another email, and start phoning people. If their too lazy to write a simple email, start calling them and asking what the h3ll.

We are going to be doing the same thing. Email, Phone or Website RSVP's.
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh. I sent out RSVP's with an email address for people to use as well. I got 2 email responses from 2 people in the same family.

I agree with the above completely, there is lots of time and RSVPs do come in late. I think I recieved about 1/3 of my responses 1-2 weeks after the date I asked from them back.
  • sheena_fsheena_f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would wait until your RSVP deadline passes and then start calling, or send out an email.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

I'm running into the same problems, I've just been sending out friendly reminder's via email/facebook.  Our wedding date isn't until August 21 this year.  But because it's hard to book things without knowing firm numbers we have asked people to let us know 6 months in advance.  I have to book chairs for the ceremony/reception.

I am planning a wedding in another province which proves to be even more difficult.  Our friends and family will be traveling from Edmonton to Victoria, we gave to family and friends about 1 year in advance to make it into a vactation for them.  Even though we have given plenty of notice our list is half of the invites we sent out. 

Good luck,

Jamie
  • lori6666lori6666 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dont bug people until the date has passed. I know it's anoying. Our deadline was last week and now we have all the numbers. 208 people to be exact. Yikes!
  • edited December 2011
    update:

we waited until after the deadline to do any bugging and for the most part they did come in at the very last moment. haha... it's stressfull waiting to see cause no one really likes making those calls.."just wanted to make sure you got my wedding invite..." but yah...it all worked out!

thanks guys!
  • edited December 2011
    I would wait until the rsvp deadline too and then start calling!
  • edited December 2011

That's great news Ally. So glad they came in.
    Life is like that.

• edited December 2011
    I have had some friends who did the email RSVP thing and same thing happened - they ended up chasing down half their guest list two days before the final numbers were due to the caterer! We used Glass Slipper Designs in Calgary for our wedding invitations, and the RSVP was included at no extra charge in the cost for the invitation suite. Only three out of 120 guests didn't respond before the deadline, so that made life easy. I would highly recommend looking into using Glass Slipper Designs for your invitations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards