Maryland
Options

Mexico Wedding

I am new here! I just wanted some input on our upcoming wedding!  We are having a destination wedding in Playacar del Carmen, Mexico.  Then when we return we will be having a reception for those that couldn't make it to Mexico.  We plan on inviting those that we invited to the wedding and a handful of others.  Because we are paying for it ourselves, we don't have much room left to invite others!  There will be people offended but I don't know if anyone had any secrets to having more guest without paying more money LOL!

Re: Mexico Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little confused about what you're looking for.  As far as tips for inviting more guests with your budget, I would say that you have to provide more details about the reception you're already having.  Generally speaking, you could choose a cheaper venue (even a free one like a state park) and cut back on things like decorations.  You could choose cheaper food or go with fewer catering options, and if you're having an open bar maybe scale back to hosted beer and wine only.

Additionally, the AHR isn't really 100% necessary, so if your guest list is going to hurt a lot of feelings it might be better to just skip it all together.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Destination Wedding board. There are a few brides who are getting married in Mexico.  You are not obligated to pay for every guest's airfare and hotel. Usually they pay for themselves. As far as the at home reception, you can send out save-the-date cards for those you want to attend. You don't have to have a big at home reception. Just keep it simple. Definitely check out the Destination Wedding board. The girls there are very helpful with how to word the STD cards/invitations and ideas when it comes to those types of situations. Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards