Maryland

Jos A Banks vs Men's Wearhouse

Hi ladies -

Looking into renting tuxes and originally I was going to go with Men's Wearhouse but I just found out Jos A Banks also rents tuxes. I was wondering which one is better. I hear a lot of mixed reviews with Men's Wearhouse where with Jos A Bank I've only heard good things. Any experience with renting from either? I haven't visited each yet but I'm somewhat leaning towards Jos A Banks...

Also I rather go with a national place bc we have groomsmen that our out town.

Re: Jos A Banks vs Men's Wearhouse

• soccerella7soccerella7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no experience wiht jos a bank - and mixed wiht mens warehouse

the last wedding my fiance was in the messed up his tux - wrong size, wrong cufflinks, no suspenders.  However due to their mistake they gave him a $100 gift card (or maybe $50 i forget) and he bought a nice jacket with it

the nice thing with them though is they always have specials where if you have a certain number of people rent then the grooms tux is usually free, or he can get a suit to keep for free.  and i know right now they are doing a promotion for $40 off everyone in the parties tux.  Ill be doing mens warehaous for that reason and because they can match colors exactly to my BM dresses
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We just went to Jos A Banks to pick out tuxes for tha same reason you said, mixed on MW but only good things at JAB. Since we would be having 6 GM rent tuxes, then the groom's is free. But FI owns a tux so they said he could transfer the free tux to my dad, which was nice. Also, each of the GM gets $20 off the tux we pick, so the prices are comparable to MW. JAB has a TON of color and style choices and we had no trouble finding exactly what we were looking for. I would recommend them over MW.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I really think MW is hit-or-miss, so it depends on the stores that your GMs will actually be shopping at.  It's kind of a gamble.  I'm not sure if Jos A. Bank is everywhere, though; I'd never heard of them until I moved to Maryland, so I would look into the availability where the guys are.  If they can go to JAB, I'd pick them.  If not, I'd ask for reviews on local boards so you can steer them to the best possible MW near them.  We didn't rent, but we got really good customer service at the MW in Pikesville, if that helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Jos A Bank.
  • beckys67beckys67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Went to JAB in Belair, MD for fiance suit (didn't do tux) they were very nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards