Maryland
Options

Cloister Castle Decor Ideas - October Wedding

Does anyone have any pictures of Cloister Castle set up for a wedding reception?  I haven't seen very many pictures showing table set ups or ways to dress up the Castle.  It is a beautiful space all on it's own - but at the same time it is also an "empty space".  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My primary color for the wedding is deep purple - I have been looking at some rich browns for accept and I love the idea of the deep rich color scheme - but I have been told that it might be too dark for the castle.
Thanks for your thoughts...

Re: Cloister Castle Decor Ideas - October Wedding

• Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our friends got married there in September last year and they're colors were dark red and they did dark purple accents, which sounds a little strange, but it turned out beautiful! The decorations were also very simple and quite honestly the Castle was so beautiful on it's own that you don't really notice the decorations. They were married outside in the court yard, did cocktail hour indoors and then we all came back outside for dinner in the courtyard. The only decorations they had were some red flowers with greenery wrapped in purple tulle draped on the railing and the arch way at the end of the court yard (where the bride would start walking from), they also did low centerpieces of red and purple flowers with votives on the table (looked beautiful once the sun went down!) and I believe they put some candles in the windows of the castle as well. Sorry that's not much help, but really everyone was so in awe of the beautiful castle that you didn't need much in the way of decorations! Hope that helped a little...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards