Maryland

Silver Swan Bayside

Happy Wedding Wednesday!
Are there any other brides getting married at the Silver Swan? What is going on with all of these changes?! First, contract changes.. now Amelia and the Chef Scott are gone!

Love the venue and view, but really starting to lose my confidence in them!
Cindy & Jeff June 11, 2011

Re: Silver Swan Bayside

• edited December 2011
    Hold up, what?!?  Amelia is gone?!?  Tell me what you know.  And if you wound'd mind posting this on the Baltimore board-there are several SSB brides on there.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF!!  What do you mean Amelia and Chef Scott are gone?!  I just got an email from her 2 weeks ago...and I've been wondering why she hasn't been responding to my emails.  ARGH - and I just signed the new contract and dropped it in the mail to them yesterday (why didn't I check this board yesterday?!). 

I created a VERY customized menu, and made some changes based on Chef Scott's input.  If he's not there, what happens to those recipes?

What did you hear?
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard they were forced to leave.. Ever since that new office manager showed up...she turned that place upside down.  Seven people have been asked to leave since late November.

And another thing, those manditory Contract changes were illegal...it's fine that most brides agreed to the 20% and other changes, but honestly it would never have held up in court if they hadn't....contract means it can't be changed, otherwise why bother signing one?

And, as far as mailing your contract in, I think in the State of Maryland, you have three days to cancel any contract, but really, how can you at this late date?  This whole thing is making me very nervous....I can't believe anything SSB tells me.

Please share any updates you may hear.

Thx.
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in September.  I didn't know anything about a contract change.  We've been calling trying to find out about doing a tasting and finally someone told us Amelia was gone.  (At least when Taylor left/was dismissed, we were given some notice).  I'm beyond frustrated with this, and if they try to change the contract, I'll tell them it's a breach of the original contract.  This Joann chick that's there now does not inspire any confidence in me.
  • tinabud11tinabud11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also a Silver Swan Bayside Bride and have had nothing but mis communication and problems since I booked with them in January.  I fought hard against the 20% increase and so Scott gave us a deal on some other things so it ended up evening out a bit.  I also had a tasting with Scott but was told that the new Chef can replicate the menu we picked.  I have had little to no communication regarding my wedding day since I put my deposit down and have let them know how unhappy I have been.  Joanne has actually been much more repsonsive to me then Amelia was so I am hoping she sticks around.  The turnover and the lack of communciation and confusion also leaves me very little confidence that my day will go smoothy. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have met with JoAnn and another woman named Kara recently (April) and she has been very responsive, however, I am not getting married until September 2011 so no rush. Starting in May they will have a new Event Coordinator named Heather Helmick  who will work with JoAnn. I only know the Chef's name is "Kevin". Does anyone know his full name? II hear he is "Excellent" and can accommodate any Brides tastes.  They are doing modifications to the venue which upset me that they were doing it during wedding season, but was assured that it will be a much better view. Starting in May they have several weddings each weekend so they are very busy. Just be patient!
  • edited December 2011
    We had my daughter's wedding at Silver Swan Bayside on May 22, 2011. The venue was amazing in evey way!! Scott gave us the most out of this world food--all of my guests were grabbing seafood off of the tower and running for lamb chops and kobe sliders...from start to finish it was the best food anyone had in DC in a long time! My friends wanted to host ANY event there the property and staff were so outstanding. The setting was absolutely gorgeous. The sun setting on the bay and the white tent actually undulated in the candle glow that our florist arranged. It was perfection!! Because Amelia had just left we did take our wedding planner to coordinate with Joanne and they worked beautifully in lock step together. Joanne, Scott and entire Silver Swan team could not have been more wonderful. The wedding exceeded my daughter's dreams and what more could a mother of the bride hope for!!
    MOB, Potomac, MD
  • edited December 2011
    This place absolutely SUCKS !! I contacted them for information on holding my wedding there and I never received an email back; not a phone call back to my numerous messages left for the coordinator named Joanne (who must be new from reading your posts).  It's ridiculous and I finally left a nasty message and sent an email to them about their customer service (a week later not receiving any response not even a thank you for my inquiry) AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! They still have not contacted me with the information or to apologize!  I def. would not trust them to host my wedding/reception based on the treatment I received on trying to receive information on rental fees and pricing of food options. Oh wait, and I completely forgot the best part of my phone call follow up on the 3rd day of waiting the girl who answered the phone suggested that I go with another venue WTH!!!  I was livid, and I asked her are they telling you to tell people this and she responde YES !! Seriously SSB is for the birds!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards