Maryland

Need opinions about outdoor wedding in JUNE

Is anyone else getting married outside June 2012 in or around Frederick?  I am getting married at Stone Manor on June 2, and right now it is 10:30 am and 92 degrees outside.  Is anyone else as worried about the heat being an issue as I am?  It's too late to pull out of the contract.  Hopefully Brian, (the owner of Stone Manor) is right by saying a 6:00 ceremony will be fine as the sun will have moved to the back of the property.. but still.  What are your opinions on this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need opinions about outdoor wedding in JUNE

• cmfergcmferg member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have my fingers crossed -- I am having an outdoor wedding just two weeks earlier in Annapolis.  Too late for us to pull out, too.  By six it really shouldn't be too bad.
  • katelynmn12katelynmn12 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have, last year was 93 and so was the year before that.  Im thinking about playing it safe and looking into how much AC units would be to rent!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Weather in Maryland is unpredictable.  You just never know what you are going to get so just plan for anything and everything.  If you are set on having an outdoor wedding just have a plan B in case of rain and if it is super hot make sure you have lots of shade (ie tents) and lots of cold drinks for guests...you could also provide hand held fans for use during the ceremony.  I am getting married in the middle of July and I know it is going to be hot and humid  but it will be like that pretty much everywhere so unforturnately weather is just something that is out of your control.  Good luck!

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I understand what the guy means about the sun.  I live on a giant hill with trees behind me.  It stinks because after about 2:30 pm in the summer I lose the sun if I am laying out by the pool.  By 4pm, our whole front yard is shaded and it is a bit cooler.  BUT if it is 100 degrees outside, it might not make a difference.  But perhaps your favors could be some labeled fans for guests.  they are on sale sometimes at the knot store.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards