Maryland

Beautiful Churches in MD/DC

Are there ANY historic or beautiful churches that let you rent their facilities without being a member? It's a bit unnerving to have all of these historic churches that you have to be Catholic for in order to use the building.

My only restriction is that it can't be at a Universalist church. Nothing against them! It's just not gonna go over well with my ultra religious family lol

Re: Beautiful Churches in MD/DC

• edited December 2011
    Mt. Hebron Presbyterian in Ellicott City(http://hebronhouse.mthebronpc.org/yourevent.php) . They also have a beautiful outdoor ampitheatre for use (not sure what time of year you're getting married) and you can use the church as a back up or vice versa. It's not that big of a church though. There's a historic house on the property which could be used for the reception if you choose. This is where i'll be getting married next June. :-). The best part about this place is definitely the price!
  • edited December 2011
    There's a difference between being a member of a church and belonging to a specific faith.  You don't have to be a member at the Basilica, for instance, but you do have to be Catholic (at least one of you has to be Catholic to get married in any Catholic church). 

Is there a specific denomination you're looking for?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards