Maryland
Options

Chesapeake City?- Have you gotten married there?

I will be getting married in Chesapeake City  in early 2011,  I am having a hard time trying to figure out  where to get ready at,  where to get hair/makeup done.  The logistics are starting to really get confusing.  If you have any ideas for me please let me know.  I appreciate it!

Re: Chesapeake City?- Have you gotten married there?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married?  They don't have a bridal suite?  If not, there are a couple different bed and breakfasts there.  No hotels. 
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are several B&B's in Chesapeake City. If you are getting married at the Chesapeake Inn, they own a B&B in town. I got married just south of CC at the Kitty Knight House. I got my hair & make up done at Serenity Spa at the base of the bridge on Rt. 213. Make up was $55 I think. I have chin length hair, they charged $25 for my hair; it is more if you have longer hair. The girls did a great job and it is a very nice place. THey do nails, have massages and everything.
    http://www.serenitycc.com/

Do you have your cake & flowers covered?
  • Options
    jimanderinjimanderin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey i am actually getting married in Chesapeak City in August 2011

I booked my room to get ready in at the Shipwatch Inn
    and i also am booked at getting my hair done at Serentiy Spa as well!  I actually cant wait to get everything done there i havent heard a bad thing about either place!
  • Options
    nyalum02nyalum02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you very much .  I  really wanted to be able to stay home the night before, but it has become obvious that it will not happen.   I thought the pirces at the Seremity salon were a tad expensive ( atleast online),  but I think im going to have to do it.

Thank you very much.  Any recommendations on a rehearsal dinner location?  

Kelbode-What did you think of Kitty Knight house?

• Options
    nyalum02nyalum02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake is covered,   florist is not..  Have any recommendations?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We loved the Kitty Knight. We had our wedding ceremony and reception there. Rehearsal dinner at The Granary which they also own across the Sassafrass River. Food is excellent and reasonably priced. We got the buffet with crab cakes, strip steak, chicken rosemary, mac & cheese, whipped sweet potatoes, and mixed veggies. My husband now agrees with me that we should have gone with the filet, but as a whole the food was great! Rehearsal dinner we went with an italian theme meal.

We got our flowers at Elana's on Broad St. in Middletown. I think the prices were good and the flowers were pretty, and they were very nice to work with.  The roses in my boquet could have been a bit nicer but once the event got underway I didn't notice that again. Her prices were about half that of Wildflowers by Alicia initially quoted me (but she does a good job also.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards