Maryland

Mountain Branch Golf Club, Belair MD

Has anyone had or attended a wedding at Mountain Branch Golf Club in Belair? It looks nice online and I will likely check it out, I was just hoping for some feedback from anyone that has been to a wedding there!

Food good? Tent hot/cold? Service? etc etc..

Thanks!!!

Re: Mountain Branch Golf Club, Belair MD

• I live right by there, VERY pretty.  Now I don't know what your budget is, when we looked into them they were out of our budget, but our budget is quite small for 150 guests.  We are Catholic and there is a church right across the street, so it was one of our original options until we saw the price.  (Not really extraordinary by the typical standards, something like 80-90 pp without alcohol on a saturday, but we were looking for more of the 30pp range haha)

I can't speak for food or service though, we checked it out and that's about it.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Yea I have not even called yet to ask about pricing. Just came across it today online. So what reception venue did you decide on? The picture about looks like a great location, may I ask where it is? Thanks for your feedback:)
  • Yea I have not even called yet to ask about pricing. Just came across it today online. So what reception venue did you decide on? The picture about looks like a great location, may I ask where it is? Thanks for your feedback:)
  • I have set-up many weddings there when I worked for a local florist in the same area.  The tent is basically permanent.  They have heating and air conditioning set up in the tent to make it as comfortable as possible at any time of the year.  I am not sure it you were going to have your ceremony there as well, but they have a large patio which leads to a grassy area where ceremonies are held...it overlooks the golf course.

I have only eaten in their restaurant once and it was awhile ago so I can't really remember what it was like.

Like PP said, there is really nothing extraordinary about it.

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    We settled on my venue only because of budget and location.  We originally loved richardson farms in glen arm but couldn't swing the cost (same order of pricing, like 70-80pp to start).  Grimmel Farms in Jarrettsville has a pretty barn too and not too too expensive when you add everything up (I always recommend KS Catering when dealing with venues without a caterer).  Slightly further away is Howard County Conservancy on the other side of the beltway, they have a pretty reception space (Gudelsky Center) and fair rental so with KS it turns out to be fairly inexpensive.

We chose Union Mills Homestead.  We LOVE it the only downfall is it is in Westminster.  Most of my family is scattered around the state a bit anyway, so it's not that big of an issue.  Rental is only $700 and food starts around $34pp, quite affordable.  (The pic comes from a wedding held there last year, google "Union Mills Homestead Wedding Ewing" and it will pop up first.)

If you want to stay closer to the area, look into Geneva Farms, they are fairly priced too.  You can get it all for like $50-60 pp with some alcohol.
    imageimage
  • OH and Rockfield Manor is in Bel Air too
    imageimage
  • I have never attended a wedding there. We are having our rehearsal dinner there in June , a little pricey but there food is excellent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards