Maryland

Lodging Options for Herrington on the Bay

Hi,

I haven't posted here before, but I was hoping to get advice from others who have had or are planning a wedding at Herrington on the Bay.  My fiance and I are still trying to decide our location.

From what I have read about Herrington, I've been impressed.  I hope to do the site visit within the next couple weeks.  However, because we have family coming from Pennsylvania and California, I was hoping to get insight on the hotel there and beyond.

Specifically, did the Herrington Harbor facility work well with your wedding?  Did they offer discounted rates for the wedding party?  Anything good /bad about the facility?  Are there any cheaper options close by?

From my google map search it doesn't seem like there are any hotels nearby, and the cheaper options in Annapolis are 25 miles away.  On that note, has anyone used the Annapolis trolley on longer distances, and how was the service/value?

Thanks so much for any advice!

Re: Lodging Options for Herrington on the Bay

• gracie2762gracie2762 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had our wedding at Herrington in October of 2008 and the closest hotel options there are the Herrington Harbour Inn and the Chesapeake Beach Resort down the road. There are a few hotels in Prince Frederick (Holiday Inn and a few others I can't remember the name of but they are still about 19 miles away). Both HHI and CBR have two night minimums during peak seasons though but the rooms at CBR are quite a bit more expensive. We stayed at HHI along with most of our friends and family. We had a suite to get ready in which was really nice, looked out onto the pool, had a separate bedroom and a full kitchen/living room area. We also had another room with a hot tub which unfortunately we didn't have time to use.

They don't offer any type of discount for people having weddings there unfortunately. They do have a complimentary breakfast though and there is a great view and your guests can walk out of their rooms onto the beach.

Our wedding there was perfect and I would highly recommend Herrington!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards