Maryland

Venue Help :)

Hello Maryland Brides! I could really use your help! I am on the search for the perfect venue! (so they exist?) 

So we are looking for a venue that has space for an outside ceremony and an indoor reception (I really don't want to have the reeception in a tent). Some examples of places that I love but don't work for one way or another are Newton White Mansion (they are completely booked until November 2012) and The Great Room @ Savage Mill (one of my best friend was married here.)  

I have a budget of about $4000 for the actual venue + catering. We are having about 150 people. 

Thank you for your help!! 

Re: Venue Help :)

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    With regard to Venue, don't know if I can help too much.  I can help you with the caterer if you can find a venue for less than 1k.  

KS Catering has a great package for 3000 for 150 people.  You can have no cake, and a couple less entree selections for about 2200 for 150 people.  With this option adding china and tax may keep you around 3k total (without china they have nice plasticware which could afford you a nicer venue).  I have tasted their food and we love it!  Though, I am not very picky either, so Im unsure if my opinion will hold any water.

You can do the Other Barn in Columbia, I believe they allow outdoor receptions, though I have never been there.  You can look into some parks that have large pavillions (some even have enclosed pavillions) but I can not name any off the top of my head.  If your guest list was smaller and budget bigger, I would recommend Howard County Conservancy.  They have a beautiful indoor space and outdoor gardens but its 2k for the rental and can only fit maybe 140.  

Ill try to brainstorm more, but are you looking for like a banquet hall style or open to other ideas?  Is your wedding very formal or informal? 
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis is pretty affordable. They have a few different outside ceremony spaces and an indoor reception space.
  • edited December 2011
    gramercy mansion or the cloisters castle?

Im getting married at cloisters.
    More than words.....
  • ddcalischddcalisch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gramercy has a 5k rental fee. Very expensive.

Check out Overhills mansion in Catonsville. You can bring in your own alcohol which will save you a lot of money.

Columbia has some community centers that are great too, google it and they will come up. Reasonable, pretty!
  • theatretwintheatretwin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Peerces Landing for our reception (inside) and ceremony (outside) - The caterer comes with the venue, though, so you have to use them.  So far so good, I'd recommend them.  I think thier rental fee is around 3-4K (I scored and got it in a fundraising auction for a ton less).  Why not try and negotiate that?  I can't see why not.

Another think I liked about this place is that a Sat didn't cost more than a Sunday etc. 
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Michael's 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie has an outdoor space now.  You may want to check them out.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • edited December 2011
    Maple Lawn has a beautiful wedding venue. Contact Soheil Photography for more information. He will probably be able to give you some other wedding venue sites. He is a wonderful photographer. He has a very patient and calming personality. http://www.soheilphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards