Maryland
Options

frederick florist

can anyone recommend a florist in this area? im looking for someone to do all bridal party flowers & possible centerpieces.  Do you have any idea what centerpieces run? I'm going for a "fresh picked from the garden " look, nothing to elaborate or formal.

Re: frederick florist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Matt Aspey of To the 9's. I absolutely adore him and he does such great work. His website is www.tothe9s.biz and you can also find him on facebook.

I also had met with Judy of Flowers by Judy (www.flowersbyjudy.com). She seemed to be able to work within a smaller budget and was very responsive, but I thought Matt had a better grasp of what we were looking for and was also a preferred vendor of our venue.

I'd recommend either of these two vendors!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Lori at ABloom!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried to contact ABloom but they told me they could only meet with me on like Tuesday and Thursday at random times. I asked if I could meet with them on a weekend or a Friday afternoon and they said they don't do weekends. Unfortunately, that made a bad impression on FI and I because we live 2 hours away. I don't know if that impacts your decision at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you dead set on using a florist vs. doing your own?  I picked all of my flowers at the Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Thurmont for $10/bouquet.  They give you huge cups and you can fit as many as possible for $10/cup.  They had a great selection, too.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Im absolutely open to doing myself, I just feel alittle overwhelmed with it all.  I live very close to Thurmnt & had no idea they did this!  :) can you send pic of your flowers? Are they fresh flowers? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  Fresh flowers.  I picked them the day before my wedding and put them in the fridge in my hotel room until the morning of the wedding.  I was lucky and H's aunt volunteered to put the bouquets together, but I'm pretty sure I could have managed if not for her help. :-)  There are tons of DIY flower websites, and probably a lot of advice on the DIY boar - that's where I looked when I was planning on doing mine.

I sent you a PM about the pictures
    Vacation

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards