Maryland

Farm/Barn Wedding

Hi everyone,I am so excited, it's ridiculous! My boyfriend of 4 years just proposed to me and I'm still flying over the moon. Literally. It's only been 3 days and Ive already made up my guest list, and am looking for places to get married at... We haven't set a date yet, I'm hoping that we can get married next Spring/Summer... I'm really leaning towards a Summer wedding. 
I was wondering if anyone knew of any local rustic barns/pieces of property in Maryland... I just have this vision of doing my wedding in a Barn somewhere, I'm not into a lot of fancy frills, well, not at the moment.... but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
xoxo dani
p.s. We're thinking of inviting about 56 families totaling to about 130 people, there are a lot of children in our families.

x-posted to the Maryland-Baltimore Forum
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Farm/Barn Wedding

• JennigoesUSAJennigoesUSA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I responded on the Baltimore board too...

Check out Ostertag Vistas in Myersville near Frederick

http://www.hagerstownmagazine.com/articleDetail.aspx?id=1300

It is a german owned barn, super nice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It's beautiful! It's almost exactly what I've envisioned. Thank you so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Linganore Winecellars is very nice too!
  • edited December 2011
    I work at the ideal location - the Howard County Conservancy in Woodstock, MD. We are a non-profit organization on 230 acres in Howard County. We have weddings here all the time. We just had a wedding here where the couple used our 300 year old Montjoy Barn for the ceremony and our 3 acre Honors Garden for the cocktail hour and our beautiful banquet room for the recetion.

I think you HAVE to check us out!

http://hcconservancy.org/gudelsky.php

Check out our Facebook page too!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey I'm actually looking for the same/ similar thing but with no avail :( The only "barn" i found was Geneva Farms and that is like a hall in the basement of a barn that they converted and painted blue it looks kinda tacky. :(  And so far we have a guest list of about 200 cause we both have such large families. And we don't want to travel too far for a venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • troesch1troesch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yea, check with park and recs. I'm doing the large pavilion @ centnnial park. It has its own parking, is cut off from the rest of centennial and can accomidate up to 300. The fact that i can bring my own food and alcohol helps too and we have exclusive use of a playground for the kiddies! may be too casual for some though
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  The Carroll County Farm Museum is nice too.
  • larlax5larlax5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, for the brides looking in Harford County, have you tired Rockfield Manor?  You can get married in the barn there, and it's very large.  Check it out!

http://www.rockfieldmanor.com/
  • Check out Flora Corner Farm in southern Maryland. Beautiful site and can accommodate up to 150 guests. Www.floracornerfarm.com
  • Hi all!
    We are seriously considering the Howard County Conservancy for our wedding next spring.  I was wondering if anyone out there has worked (or is working with) this venue?  My major concerns for this location are that I know we will need to rent additional tables and some chairs, im interested in hearing if this went ok...I have read some reviews that they are very strict about the contract times.  That brings me to my next concern, I dont want to have to have my family clean up and break down all the tables and chairs after our reception, any suggestions on that? My last concern is that we will have about 130 people which is close to max capacity, i was a little worried that there may not be enough space to dance with all those tables and a buffet...THANK YOU!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards