Maryland

Money Dance...Tacky?

Hello All - 

My FI and I want to have the money dance, but don't want it to be tacky. We aren't doing it to get money (we know some people do), just ensure that everyone gets to dance with us and have fun. Friends of ours have done it at their weddings (both in Baltimore and out of state). We just wanted to get some feedback. 

Thanks!!!

Re: Money Dance...Tacky?

• ohkkristaohkkrista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if I'd consider it tacky for this area.. I've been to quite a few weddings around here and every single one has done it.
    My parents are making me do it at mine because it's a big polish thing, so we can't just skip on it even if I wanted to. A great way to make it non-tacky (if you think it is) would be to donate all the dollar dance money to a charity of your choice!
    27 of 75 Books annnnnnd Wedding Inspiration
    Sept. 2012 - Ceremony Venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rachiella3Rachiella3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. If you do it, make it for charity. Otherwise, it looks like you're trying to get more out of your guests.

• SarahCandellSarahCandell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the idea. My family is from New York and it's done up there because of the Polish, but for my FI family I have no idea. They've all been married and divorced - so I am not sure. 
    I'll talk to my FI about the charity idea - i like it. 
    Thanks again. 
  • I'm from Hawaii and every wedding that I ever been to here does money dances. It's not tacky it's a tradition. It's fun!! They put the money all over, ex in the ear , behind the ear, in the shirt, in the dress, anywhere u can think of. People of all ages loves to participates in it...even grandma and grandpa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards