Michigan-Northern
Options

NWR - Family reunion options

I am a NE Ohio knottie and I am assisting with a family reunion consisting of 45 people and we have narrowed in on a family reunion for a full week somewhere in Michigan.  Traverse City area is looking the most attractive as far as things to see, do, etc. but open to any suggestions.  Anyone have any recommendations for lodging for a large group like this?  We have been used to renting out about 4-7 houses/townhomes/condos for a week in rental communities for reunions in the past  so I would like to find something similar (with all houses/condos close to/ next to eachother which I have not see on VBRO.com and sites like this)to have cookouts, common areas, etc. Our backup option would be hotel-style accomodations.Any recommendations for lodging for a large group like above?Any other great destinations you would recommend in Michigan that may offer lodging we are looking for? Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Re: NWR - Family reunion options

• Options
    leelanau76leelanau76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest checking out the Homestead in Glen Arbor.  Many different types of lodging, beautiful area, near Lake Michigan, Sleeping Bear Dunes, etc.  If you wanted to stay nearer to Traverse City, you might try the Grand Traverse Resort.  They also have condo/townhome type accommodations.
  • Options
    caseyandjamescaseyandjames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for something more rustic (less expensive) try Portage Point Inn. They do lots of family reunions. http://www.portagepointinn.com/ or try the Glen Lake area - lots of groups of cottages around there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards