Michigan-Northern

Barn wedding

I am looking for a barn to host our wedding in the fall of 2012.  We would love to stay in the mid-michigan northern michigan area.  Does anyone know of an inexpensive barn we could rent and possibly cater ourselves. (family barn possibly interested in renting for a weekend??)   Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks girls! :)

Re: Barn wedding

• spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know there is a vineyard in Northern Michigan (in the Traverse City area) that has a barn as the reception site. I don't remember the name off the top of my head but if you google 'Traverse City Vineyards' you should get it to come up.
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • binnie1binnie1 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

These may not be inexpensive, but worth a look:
    -Wine Country Weddings has a barn, but the pricing starts at $8000 for the rental. They do have specials for Sunday through Thursday weddings.
    --The vineyard mentioned by spalko could be the Ciccone Vineyard.  They now have pricing online.
    --there is also Field of Flower farm.  They have a great barn and nice grounds, and they do flowers.  You pretty much bring everything in, so that might be a way to keep costs down.  Christina is the contact and she will send you information.

Hope that helps!  Wish I could have found a lower cost barn myself- it was my ideal venue.

• edited December 2011
    I'd check out Dhasleer Events Barn near Charlevoix. http://www.blackcatconcerts.com/ It looks pretty neat and inexpensive.
  • The Dhasleer Event Barn is georgous, but not heated if that a concern.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards