Michigan-Northern

Yooper brides?

FI and I are getting married in Marquette (where I'm from) on 7/20/2012, but we live in Virginia.  Planning long distance is a pain, but so far my mom and BMs have been a lot of help.

If there are any Yooper brides here I'd love to hear from you!  Especially because UP wedding culture and expectations might be a little different from the rest of the state/county/world!
Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Yooper brides?

• ramisenhramisenh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Houghton with the ceremony in Calumet. I totally agree that yooper wedding culture is slightly different! Where in Marquette are you getting married?
  • Sam2322Sam2322 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi--

I sent you a PM.
  • kwortman80kwortman80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So now I'm curious... what is yooper wedding culture?  I spent quite a bit of time in Houghton when I was dating a guy that went to tech, but I haven't been to a wedding up there.  

PS I really miss the UP in general and Houghton in particular.  I keep meaning to get up there to go camping in the summer, but it never quite happens.  This probably won't be the year either, with the wedding planning, etc.
  • FI and I live in the UP (Houghton) but we are probably going to have our reception downstate in the Bay City or Frankenmuth area.  I'm from the west coast so I really don't know much of anything about Michigan! Do you have any Houghton-area photographer recs?  We want somebody pretty inexpensive to do some engagement photos and/or cover a possible elopement. Sealed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards