Michigan-Northern

Roll Call!

This Board could use some life! I would really like to be able to chat with my fellow up North Brides! 

I'll introduce myself! :]

My name is Sara I'm getting married 11-11-11 at Castle Farms in Charlevoix. I actually live 4 hours south of Charlevoix but am getting to know the area and the vendors pretty well! Our colors are Tangerine Orange and Cobalt Blue! :]

Any other up north brides?

November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
Daisypath Wedding tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Roll Call!

• gymrat1279gymrat1279 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I was wondering how many people were on this board.  It hasn't seen too many posts.  I'm getting married at Castle Farms too but not until 2012.  So far we've only booked the venue and photographer.  Oh, and I'm from the Detroit area too.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Amy... I live in the Mt. Pleasant area but our wedding/reception will be taking place in the Tri-Cities, which is where I grew up.  I'm going w/a black and white damask theme w/fucshia as an accent color.  Most of the big stuff is done, but I only have 6 months to go! 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! i'm so glad I'm getting some responses! 

Gymrat: if you need any vendors suggestions be sure to let me know! I have all of mine booked! :] I would love to have a Castle Farms friend! Also, where abouts in Detroit? I'm from Clarkston/Ortonville area

Future Mrs McPike - Love your color scheme! I have friends that are at CMU!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks... my wedding coordinator at our reception site mentioned it and I immediately loved it!  It makes my black/white wedding a little unique.

Have a great weekend ladies, glad we're getting this board going  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Keri. We're getting married 10/22/11 in Cheboygan. I've been here all my life. We're doing fall colors for decorations and eggplant for attire. I'm finding vendors and options to be very slim up here. We have 2 reception venues in town. Actually within 45 minutes of here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Totally know how you feel Keri! Wonder if you could use Charlevoix vendors? Mapquest says it's about an hour and a half (not sure how true that is) I have some great recommendations or that area! :)

Photobucket
  • gymrat1279gymrat1279 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi everyone, guess I forgot my name in my post.  I'm Erin.  Glad to see some more faces on this board.

Thanks Sara.  I may take you up on some of your recommendations for flowers/cake/DJ/etc.  I think we'll probably go with Grey Gables for catering.  We're using Dan Stewart Photography. I'm in the Novi/Northville/Plymouth area.

• edited December 2011
    Erin:
    GREY GABLES is AWESOME! 
    And I love Dan Stewart's work! 

Gosh i haven't seen this board this active ever! usually is weeks between replies on here! 

Photobucket
  • southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in the Detroit area but am thinking about a Mackinac Island wedding. Simple, budget friendly and very small. Maybe just the officiant a couple witnesses and my FH. Maybe I need to find the offbeat wedding board? ;-) Jill
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I am Christy I live in New Zealand but getting married on 9/17/11 in Branch near Ludington. Need heaps of help and answers grew up in Okemos. Colours are deep purple, deep blue and silver. Small family wedding as most coming from other side of the world! Good Luck everyone.
  • jbates926jbates926 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!! Im sooo glad I found this board!! My name is Jessica and I too am getting married at Castle Farms on 10/6/2012!! Only problem is.....I live in Florida, so this is proving to be extremely difficult to plan a wedding fro this far away!! The venue is the only thing that I have booked and really thought that I could just sit back and relax for a few months, but I am finding that a lot of vendors (DJ, photo etc) are booking into the fall of 2012 so now I am freaking out thinking I am going to miss the boat on the good stuff that is reasonablly priced.

I have decided that I am going to try to book all the vendors within the next few months and deal with the small stuff later. But with living so far away, I cant be booking plane tickets every weekend to come back and meet with them. Soooo, Im hoping I can ask for recommendations from you wonderful ladies on vendors. Anything would help at this point.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-northern_roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:628Discussion:4fc6b391-01d6-4a2e-8d64-24f43b6b1b72Post:1e6d84d4-5dfd-4bf7-80d1-48611dc44295">Re: Roll Call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG!! Im sooo glad I found this board!! My name is Jessica and I too am getting married at Castle Farms on 10/6/2012!! Only problem is.....I live in Florida, so this is proving to be extremely difficult to plan a wedding fro this far away!! The venue is the only thing that I have booked and really thought that I could just sit back and relax for a few months, but I am finding that a lot of vendors (DJ, photo etc) are booking into the fall of 2012 so now I am freaking out thinking I am going to miss the boat on the good stuff that is reasonablly priced. I have decided that I am going to try to book all the vendors within the next few months and deal with the small stuff later. But with living so far away, I cant be booking plane tickets every weekend to come back and meet with them. Soooo, Im hoping I can ask for recommendations from you wonderful ladies on vendors. Anything would help at this point. Thanks :)
    Posted by jbates926[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We are so glad you found us! </div><div>I'm a castle farms bride and would love to help you with vendors. All of mine are booked! Feel free to email me at any time with ANY questions, sacrum@umflint.edu</div><div>
    </div><div>What do you still need to book?</div>

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Jaymi and live in the Detroit area. I am planning an October 1st wedding on Macinac Island. I am having a hard time find vendors and would love help. I just got engaged 3 weeks ago and feel very behind.
  • edited December 2011
    YAY! Another bride! What do you need help with for vendors? I'm sure I can help!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

I am getting married at Caslte Farms 07-30-2011 Colors are lavender, royal purple and silver.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-northern_roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:628Discussion:4fc6b391-01d6-4a2e-8d64-24f43b6b1b72Post:60a7cf6d-f87b-4973-a6af-716cd6e04e60">Re: Roll Call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married at Caslte Farms 07-30-2011 Colors are lavender, royal purple and silver.
    Posted by Andrea Marnett[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>WOW That will be beautiful! Which room? </div>

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Hi!  I'm Renee, and I'm getting married on Mackinac Island on September 17, 2011!  Jaymi, I'd be glad to share any info I've gathered...what vendors are you looking for?

We're using bella e dolce for wedding cupcakes...we don't have a photographer yet, or an officiant, but I'm in the middle of research and have some names!

• parso1raparso1ra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Rachel!  I'm getting married August 13, 2011 in Traverse City.  Ceremony and Reception will both be at the Holiday Inn West Bay.  My fiance and I grew up in different parts of Michigan, but now live in Pittsburgh, PA.  We just booked the venue so it was nice to finally get something nailed down.  I'm going to be trying some DIY projects and hopefully getting a lot more checks accomplished.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Chelsea;)

I'm getting married Sept 3, 2011 (Labor day weekend) in Traverse City.  Ceremony and Reception will both be at Frog Pond Village.  We just booked the venue, and are now working on catering and DJ.  Any suggestions? I foind great rates at Courtyard Marriot and Baymont Suites for guests. Just finished my first  DIY project of asking my bridesmaids to be in wedding, with clear vases, w/ shells, sand, silver love hearts and cute paper with a typed letter inside, with a personal note asking if they would be in wedding. Its a nice keepsake, and I had 4 of the 6 in tears...aw.  
    Anyone using Frog Pond in TC? Heard any bad/good? Im from detroit area as well.;)
  • ashlyh15ashlyh15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello All,

My name is Ashly and I just got engaged about a week ago :D I am lucky that I had a friend to give me this website info, who has been planning her wedding for a few months now. I love hearing all of the color schemes and wedding location ideas. I have a lot of time to plan, concidering we are planning to get married on July 26th, 2013!! I am from upper Michigan and we are completely open to options at this point. I would love to get married on Mackinaw Island, but it seems very pricey! I have also been leaning towards Castle Farms. We are living in france until September of this year, and seeing that we got engaged over here, the castle farms would be a GREAT place to marry!! It looks really beautiful!! 

At this point in time I am very early on in planning, and I am trying to decide on colors, and location! Any ideas are appreciated :D 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I'm Kati! 
    I'm getting married at Bay Harbor on April 30, 2011!
    I'm from the area origionally but currently live 4 hours away!
    Colors are matte: ivory, rose petal pink, cornflower blue, and charcoal grey. 
    :-D Super Excited!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm Johnna! Wedding date is 9/17/11! We were supposed to be married last fall but due to some medical issues that I had, we put it off for a year.

Hubby-2-B is from Mason county and I'm from Benzie county. We chose natural sage,taupe,and peach for our colors. The contrast color will be aqua blue to signafy the beach and and water!
    BaMaPii!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards