Michigan-Northern

Looking for outdoor wooded venue

My boyfriend and I recently got engaged and just started planning our wedding.  We are looking for an intimate outdoor in-the-woods wedding in Michigan.  We are HUGE nature lovers and avid hikers.  We aren't too interested in golf courses or gardens.  We prefer to be surrounded by trees in a naturally beautiful area.  I am exhuasted from searching on the internet and need some suggestions.  Please help!!

Re: Looking for outdoor wooded venue

• kr815babykr815baby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out The Inn at Stonecliffe on Mackinac Island.  They have a ceremony location called the Grotto that would be perfect for how you described your wedding!! 
  • chelbell11chelbell11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Michigan Legacy Art Park at Crystal Mountain in Thompsonville. There is an ampitheater tucked back into the woods were you can have the ceremony. It sounds exactly like what you are describing!
  • southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Frog Pond Village near Interlochen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wgapinskiwgapinski member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lake Louise in boyne  City is Cute.
  • edited December 2011
    The Headlands in Mackinaw City-- it's a 550 acre county park that's absolutely gorgeous. That's where we got married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards