Michigan-Northern

The Secret to Perfect Wedding Photos

Check out my blog post to get more tips on making sure your wedding photos are perfect, not matter who your photographer is  - The Secret to Perfect Wedding Photos

As a photographer who has photographed countless weddings, I've experienced every possible outcome of wedding photography. The less-than-perfect photos often happen because of a few different reasons.

The first is the most obvious - bad photography. When you choose your photographer make certain you've gone through their portfolio. Do you see anything you would like your wedding photos to look like? Because if you don't, that photographer probably isn't a good fit for you. 

Make sure your photographer knows their stuff, has lots of experience, and is informed about what you want EXACTLY. If you hire a photographer who focuses on black and white, retro noir kind of photography, and you expect full color with lots of modern effects and nobody discusses how the photos should look, guess what will happen? You'll end up with photos you didn't want because it wasn't discussed before the photos were taken. Be specific, talk to your photographer, and make a plan.

Check out my blog post to read more tips and secrets to getting the BEST wedding photos possible, no matter who you choose to do them!

Re: The Secret to Perfect Wedding Photos

• If you guys have any questions about wedding photography, choosing a photographer, etc., feel free to ask! I'd love to answer your questions.

Finding the right photographer can be a pain. I had such a hard time of it planning my wedding that I finally decided not to hire a photographer. Instead I used disposable cameras on all the tables at my reception and depended on friends and families to photograph otherwise. What a disaster. I only have a few decent photos of my wedding, and even those few are just snapshots - nothing to hang on a wall or display proudly. I guess that's my first tip - don't depend on disposable cameras and friends and family to make up for a photographer - it doesn't work out very well in most cases. (granted your family could be full of professional photographers, and in which case I am totally JEALOUS of you. lol.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards