Michigan-Northern

Coney Islands for rehearsal dinner?

I'm planning a destination wedding on Mackinac Island. I've never been there. My fiancé and I live in Denver.

When we visit my relatives in Michigan, they sometimes take us out for Coney Islands. I'm thinking of serving them at our rehearsal dinner.

Do you think this is a good idea?

If you do, menu suggestions are welcome.

Re: Coney Islands for rehearsal dinner?

• southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mackinac Island is beautiful, one of my favorite places in the world! When is your wedding?

Have you chosen your venue yet? I am getting married in Mackinaw City in 2012 at a venue offered by the Mackinac State Historic Parks but they have sites on the Island, too. Check out http://www.mackinacparks.com/weddings/ The wedding coordinator, Scott, is amazing!!! Very helpful!

And I think coneys would be a great idea! Go for it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    southofnormal, thanks for your post/answer. Our wedding will be June 16, 2012. Our tentative ceremony site is in front of the gazebo in the garden of the Island House Hotel. I haven't chosen a rehearsal dinner or wedding reception venue.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that the Lilac Festival is around that time every year and the island might be bustling. And beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    southofnormal, thanks for the heads-up.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another thought, sometimes in the fall or winter, the ferry lines, particularly Arnold, will offer half price ferry tickets that have no expiration date. I heard about it via being a friend on Facebook and scored some tux for our trip up there this summer! That's cheaper than wedding rates that they offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards