Michigan-Northern
Options

The Homestead, Glen Arbor?

Anyone have experience having their ceremony and/or reception there? Pros? Cons? Thanks!

Re: The Homestead, Glen Arbor?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pros: It is beautiful-- practically the epitome of Northern resorts. Fantastic food! Easy to find for OOT guests. 2 options for wedding packages.

Cons: More than one wedding may take place on the same day, since there are three options. Only 2 options for wedding packages. It is expensive: site fee, catering, bar costs, everything adds up really fast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Having my wedding there June 11th.

They have been extremely wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better experience so far. Its beautiful. We are having our ceremony on the top of the mountain site and the view of lake Michigan was exactly what we were looking for. My guests are all excited to rid the Ski lift up to the site as well.
    The Lodge is large and can accommodate a lot of people and the linens, tables, servers, place settings and everything are included. The staff even is setting up our centerpieces for us.
    The food is great. We went up for our tasting couple of weeks ago and everything was very good. We are excited that they are really eager to work with us to create the dishes just how we want.

The biggest con is the price... it is very expensive... the site fee's for the place we booked were almost $6500... This does include all the stuff i mentioned before and the person who works with you is essentially your own wedding planner and coordinator for the whole time (which is why we eventually decided it was worth it) but between that and the food it is a big commitment.
    Also, we had a room minimum that we had to reach, or pay more, it isn't a problem for us since everyone is coming from out of town, but for brides whose family lives in the area this may be a problem.

Over all, it is a great place if you can afford it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards