Michigan-Northern

Ceremony Spot in Petoskey that is not on the beach??

We are going to do our reception at the Emmet fairgrounds, I was wondering a ceremony lockation thats near that but is not the beach!

Re: Ceremony Spot in Petoskey that is not on the beach??

• I feel your pain - rustic does not mean affordable!  We ended up at Timberlee Hills in Traverse City.  They have their own catering and alcohol, but overall the cost was affordable - I think the room rental and the ceremony rental was something like $2000 for both (1300 for just the room, I think).  Catering started at $26, bar wasn't as easy to price, but we had 130 people and planned on $2500 (alot of our guests are drinkers, and we opted to secure our local favorite wines and beer so those are a bit more than their house offerings).  Yvonne the coordinator there will help you through all the planning details, plus they set and tear down for you.

Good luck!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-northern_anything-in-northern-mi-that-is-not-a-country-club-or-hotel-that-is-inexpensive-been-looking-for-forever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:628Discussion:a9f2b409-ef78-4747-be4b-9d7671f98c68Post:4368a3b9-7dea-4b6b-9d1c-e9b482f9c067">Ceremony Spot in Petoskey that is not on the beach??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to do our reception at the Emmet fairgrounds, I was wondering a ceremony lockation thats near that but is not the beach!
    Posted by samanthakay0124[/QUOTE]

Have you thought about Pennsylvania Park? It's right in downtown Petoskey. There's a gazebo and lots of space.

There's also East Park right near Bay Harbor. Yes, it's near the water, but is not a beach technically. We had our post-wedding picnic there and I have been to a wedding ceremony there (there's a beautiful covered space that's perfect for it), plus it has restrooms and parking.

We also looked into the Bear River Recreation Area. There's a beautiful covered space there as well right on the river -- it's right downtown near the Mitchell Street bridge and also has restrooms and parking.

Good luck!
  • Thanks ill look into those for sure!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards